CaptureOne DB Licence: is it free or not???

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

CaptureOne DB Licence: is it free or not???

Postby Alan Rei » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:02 pm

Hi,
as a digital assistant and owner of a rental service in Milano (Italy), I have many clients (photographers) that needs to use CaptureOne in order to watch the captured images in their computer instead of my own Mac. At the moment I never used CaptureOne DB and I had no idea that they need to get a product activation and a product key too and that I have a limit to 10 DB activations. Isn't DB version a free software? Is it possible to give it to my MANY clients (much more than 10) just to allow them to watch and convert the files captured with my digital back?

Thank you
Alan Rei Wilmeth
Alan Rei

Postby James 7 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:58 am

Dealer hat on:

In theory yes it is - free for the end user with the back. It would be fair to say 10 activations would give you as much flexibility and freedom to use your back as anyone would need, but if a third party wants to process and use the software WITHOUT owning a back then this would be a chargeable license usage.

I would guess giving your activations to third parties is probably a License infringement. Ulf is the man to answer this.
James 7

Postby Ulf » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:50 pm

Capture One DB is 100% free, simply write a support case to us in support (http://support.phaseone.com and click on contact support) and we will give you one.
When handing out DB codes we normally set it to 10 computers but we can set it to what ever you want, if you need it on 50 computers we have no beef with that when the software in it self has no commercial value.

With the new Capture One 4 you do not even have to do that.
Simply download Capture One, when at first it propt you to activate you can run it as 30day trail or simply set it to Digital Back only where no code is needed.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 3.x Software