Leopard 10.5.2

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Post Update

Postby Keith71 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:38 pm

I just posted a question regarding the tethering problems with Canon, specifically the 5D. No sooner had I posted, when I spotted Ulf's knowledgebase article. I trust this may have answered the problem and apologize for being redundant.

Thanks,
KB
Keith71

1Ds Mk III

Postby eavesphoto » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:26 pm

Will this permanent solution in Article ID 2217,work for tethering w/the Canon 1Ds Mk III ?

Brian
eavesphoto

Re: 1Ds Mk III

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:09 pm

eavesphoto wrote:Will this permanent solution in Article ID 2217,work for tethering w/the Canon 1Ds Mk III ?

Brian

Hi Brian,
I assume you have read article ID 2217 (a workaround for tethering supported Canon cameras in CO 3.7.8 with Leopard), and saw that your camera is not mentioned in the list of cameras this article applies to.
That is because the 1Ds III is not supported by CO 3.7.8 at all. But you can try it of course.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby camera8 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:31 am

Hi,

i have a different but similar problem... One of my Mark II Cameras wont tether with Capture One under Leopard. It works when i kill the camera8 process in the activity monitor, but it's a little bit annoying to do that frequently. I know that i have to delete the camera8 file in the devices folder to get rid of the problem, but there is no such thing, just a few lonely scanner and printer files....

Any Ideas? Thanks and hi from germany

Sebastian
camera8

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:57 am

Did you look in the right folder? As explained in:
http://forum.phaseone.com/viewtopic.php?p=21178#21178
you must look in System/Library/Image Capture/Devices for the file Type8Camera
Note that the path starts with SYSTEM.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby camera8 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:01 am

Yep i'am pretty sure... is there a way to search for it? wont show up in a regular search, any way it's a hidden file or something?

macbook pro is the newest generation....

Thanks
camera8

Postby Alastair2 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:47 am

gd wrote:Here, C1P 3.7.8 and Mac OS X 10.5.2 works outstanding! I shoot tethered with a Canon 1Ds on a Macbook Pro (intel core2duo).

Great job, phase one developers! Thanks for the update.

Well not for my EOS-1Ds MK III
Error:0c000080
Alastair2

Postby Alastair2 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:52 am

UlfLiljegren wrote:Here is the knowledge base article as promised

http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Su ... 20-%20Main

I note that this article Does not mention the EOS-1 Ds MkIII I tried this fix the other day without any success do you have any further suggestions that I should consider.
Al
Alastair2

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:26 pm

Alastair wrote:
UlfLiljegren wrote:Here is the knowledge base article as promised

http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Su ... 20-%20Main

I note that this article Does not mention the EOS-1 Ds MkIII I tried this fix the other day without any success do you have any further suggestions that I should consider.
Al

Al,
The Canon EOS-1 Ds Mk III is not supported for tethered operation in CO 3.7.8, not on Mac, not on Windows, as you can read in its release notes. This is not a Leopard issue. Canon changed how tethering works for the Mk III cameras in a major way and I think (or might have understood from other posts here, I don't recall) that Phase One is putting their effort in CO4 Pro to make it all happen.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

canon 1ds failed to recieve capture Error:ffffffdc

Postby Jay11 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:11 am

UlfLiljegren wrote:Background:

Apple has started to offer tethered support with Aperture 2.0 , the support is not in Aperture itself but in the application Image Capture which is a part of Mac OS.
The support for the DSLRs has been implemented in Mac OS 10.5.2

Problem:

When connecting a camera, Image capture will launch silently (Background) and identify the camera and launch the correct support Library.
Canon DSLRs are controlled by the file:
/System/Library/Image Capture/Devices/Type8Camera

Solution:

If you after connecting your camera go in to Activity Monitor and shut this service down (Or kill it in Terminal) Capture One will connect fine to the camera.
It does not matter in my test if you launch Capture One before or after killing this service.

As a more permanent solution, you can copy the file:
/System/Library/Image Capture/Devices/Type8Camera
To your home directory (Authentication required) this is just to back up the file.
Then delete the file “Type8Camera” from the Image Capture/Devices/ directory.
Now the device service cannot launch and you can use Capture One fully. But also note that this will disable the tethered support in Aperture until the file is restored.

Note that this ONLY affect connection to Canon camera and not Phase One backs.

A Knowledge base article will be up soon.

OK I did this and I am now able to connect but I am now getting the error message in the subject line. any suggestion?
Jay11

Postby andrew chester » Sat May 10, 2008 6:27 pm

Hi Jon, i just signed in tonight from Hongkong, and i have some issues on this matter, i have been using C1Pro for 3 years without a hitch and recently using it on a first genration mac book pro intel. so far it worked beautifully until earlier this evening when i switched to a brand new macbook pro 2.6 it came with the leopard 10.5.x and c1 pro ver 3.7.8 just cannot seemed to find my canon 1ds mk2 for the P25+ it worked beautifully...what to do? should i downgrade my OSX 10.5 to OSX10.4? is the solution you mentioned workable? i would prefer not to downgrade my OSX as it will require a lot of work would appreciate you advise !
JonGilbert wrote:JB,

Good insight! I tested my system with Image Capture Running and I received the connection Error: 02000002.

What you can do is set Image Capture Prefs to "No Application" in the "When Camera is connected, open" option. Then close image capture and reconnect he camera.

I have had this disabled for some time so perhaps that is the root problem here? We will of course continue to investigate should this not be the solution for everyone.
andrew chester

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat May 10, 2008 8:45 pm

pigdog wrote:Hi Jon, i just signed in tonight from Hongkong, and i have some issues on this matter, i have been using C1Pro for 3 years without a hitch and recently using it on a first genration mac book pro intel. so far it worked beautifully until earlier this evening when i switched to a brand new macbook pro 2.6 it came with the leopard 10.5.x and c1 pro ver 3.7.8 just cannot seemed to find my canon 1ds mk2 for the P25+ it worked beautifully...what to do? should i downgrade my OSX 10.5 to OSX10.4? is the solution you mentioned workable? i would prefer not to downgrade my OSX as it will require a lot of work would appreciate you advise !
JonGilbert wrote:JB,

Good insight! I tested my system with Image Capture Running and I received the connection Error: 02000002.

What you can do is set Image Capture Prefs to "No Application" in the "When Camera is connected, open" option. Then close image capture and reconnect he camera.

I have had this disabled for some time so perhaps that is the root problem here? We will of course continue to investigate should this not be the solution for everyone.

pigdog, did you read through the second and last pages of this thread? OS X 10.5.2 in particular has changed the way tethering worked for Canon DSLRs. See resolution in this thread a few postings earlier than yours by Ulf and the knowledge-base article derived from that .
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby andrew chester » Sun May 11, 2008 1:09 am

i just saw it, thanks for the lead, will try and see if it works
andrew chester

Postby andrew chester » Sun May 11, 2008 7:40 am

i was able to get it to work many thanks for the advise!
andrew chester

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun May 11, 2008 2:08 pm

pigdog wrote:i was able to get it to work many thanks for the advise!

You're welcome and enjoy making pictures, with or without a wire!
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Previous

Return to Capture One 3.x Software