3.7.8 \"black bar\" problem has not been fixed.

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Postby Edward2 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:21 pm

Thanks for the update. The bug is really annoying (I had to process a file 4 times last night to get a clean file) looks like I'll have to have a look at Lightroom as well. I'll not be recommending C1 to any one else in the future due to the lack of support.
Edward2

Switch to 4?

Postby ckilkus@yahoo.com » Tue May 06, 2008 12:36 am

I am having the same problem, it really makes a lot of extra work for me.

So, are we to understand that Phase 1 is going to force us to switch to Capture One 4 by not fixing such a major problem with Capture One Pro? I tried it for a while and it's a really crappy version of the software, basically the same one for Windows PC's. It is not intuitive at all and just doesn't work well. Phase One is crazy to put all their effort into it. It would mean I'll have to switch to some other software, maybe Lightroom..... what are the other choices out there?
ckilkus@yahoo.com

Black bar

Postby John 32 » Wed May 07, 2008 12:58 am

Nothing like having the big black bar show up in front of the creative director on an ad shoot. I was having the black bar show up in the focus window, which was running on a separate monitor. I think it would make sense to start a new \"known issues\" pdf for C1 3.7.8 and 10.5.2 because clearly there are several that aren't listed in the January rev. I was also seeing my tint slider in the color window show the negative 6-digit number and the slider was all the way over to the left, although there was no apparent change to the image -- but tell that to the photographer or the art director who's trying to figure out what's going on.

Upon processing low-res jpegs I had about 5 percent come out unusable b/c of the black line.

This was on a 2x2.8 GHZ Quad-core Intel Xeon PowerMac w/ 2GB of stock ram.

John 32

Postby Des1 » Sat May 10, 2008 10:05 pm

Hi,

I agree totally I get the black bar on processed out files on 1Ds3 P45/P45+ this combined with the damn Red line on the left side of the Canon Files has forced me to go to DCRaw for our output--all's sweet there thank heaven!

This has been bought up countless times and I've mentioned this both to Phase Reps and our Phase dealer--both met with deafening silence.

Phase has lost the plot big time on this issue and have done NIX to rectify the concerns of their loyal customers

Very disheartening.

Des W
Des1

Postby lee.geyer » Mon May 19, 2008 12:55 pm

You can add my name to the list of people experiencing this annoying issue.

Computer, latest Mac Pro with latest software, P45+ from Mamiya 645 AFD II.

This is a real hastle.
lee.geyer

3.7.9 ?????

Postby matt122 » Tue May 27, 2008 2:13 pm

It would be really nice if you could put out a fix for this black bar issue please Phase One.

Version 4 seems to be along way off (Photokina) and we have invested a lot of money with Phase One. This issue is costing us time and money right now! It's as if the multi core threading is out of wack... can you have your developers at least tweek it to use less cores whilst processing? Even if it is a lot slower to process, a slower but better processing job would be better than the current situation.

Pain, Pain,Pain!!

Help!!

3.7.9 ?????

------------------

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 3 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per processor): 12 MB
Memory: 6 GB
Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz
Capture One Pro: 3.7.8
matt122

Black Bar

Postby digitim » Fri May 30, 2008 10:29 pm

Got the same issue- 1DS Mark II yields about 1 in 50 with large black bar covering about 1/3 of the image. I hope Phase is nor confusing the issue with the Mark III problem- a TINY black line across the side. I have noticed the images that get have a higher chance of doing it again on a second or third process. I updated to 10.5.3 today and got the same result. (At least on my G5 2.5 tower). I would be willing to process in 4.1 IF it would use my 3.78 session files

Tim
digitim

Postby Ulf » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:18 am

Just to let you all know, we are working on it, it is being tested as we speak and we should have something ready for public release out very very soon.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Black Bar....

Postby kenscottphoto » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:30 am

Please, please post a fix for 3.7.8. I typically have 5-10% of the files with a BLACK bar. It is really annoying.

Thanks,

Ken Scott
H2/P30+ or Canon 1DsM3
Mac 10.5.3
USA
kenscottphoto
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Ulf » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:17 pm

We (including me) is testing this right now, we will post it as soon as possible but we have to do proper testing before making it publicly available. I expect this to be available very soon.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

The sooner the better

Postby lee.geyer » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:24 pm

This is useless as it stands...utterly useless.

To be honest, when I joined this forum I thought most of the users were impatient and winey, like children. But now I see that they were so with good reason.

I put out big dough for a phase 45+/mamiya system and the software that comes with it is pathetic in that I have to check each and every processed file to see if it worked!

How disappointing.
lee.geyer

Postby digitim » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:24 pm

UlfLiljegren wrote:We (including me) is testing this right now, we will post it as soon as possible but we have to do proper testing before making it publicly available. I expect this to be available very soon.

What testing?? is there 2/3 of the image missing?? post it! That would be better than what we have now! Don't hold back on us.
digitim

Postby Ulf » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:10 am

Software should be available next week.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

I hope so...

Postby ekfphoto » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:06 pm

UlfLiljegren wrote:Software should be available next week.

I am eagerly anticipating this fix. The black bar problem has been haunting me and adding a lot of wasted time to my workflow every day for months.

Mac Pro 8 core 3.2
6 GB RAM
P30
Mamiya 645 AFD
ekfphoto

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:28 pm

CO 3.7.9 Pro and DB for Mac are available for download. Let's give it a try.

Edit:
Short test with few images (OS X 10.4.11): The few pixels wide black/red line at the bottom of a Canon 1D Mk III image seems to have been fixed. For the 1Ds Mk III however not. Because the release notes only mention the 4 pixel offset error for the 1D Mk III, it seems that the 1Ds Mk III is not expected to be fix at all (?!)
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Previous

Return to Capture One 3.x Software