Canon EOS-1D Mark III and EOS-1Ds Mark III File Corruption

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Postby Ulf » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:44 am

Hello

I care to comment. It was simply missed it is as easy as that. It was logged as an issue on 1D mkIII but not 1Ds mkIII.
3.7.9 was primarily released for the blackbar issue and some other small fixes was implemented at the same time like default shooting format always being IIQ L for our Phase One camera back customers!

Now the programmers are back on track to develop CO 4.x PRO version, I for one is excited about this!
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby andrew chester » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:46 am

with 3.7.9 and 3.7.9 both problematic and very serious one at that, when will PHASE ONE ever release the much vaunted Ver 4? if we can work with the current versions without any issues then that is not a problem, however as of now the current versions has a lot of bugs i am holding off from buying the canon 1DS mk3 even though the price has dropped a bit in hong kong as C1 Pro is not not running the way we wanted it to be
andrew chester

Postby Edward51 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:02 pm

I think you are doing just what phase one wants by holding off on buying that new 1DsMarkIII. I know they are losing DB customers to the 21MP Canon so I am sure they are in no rush to provide proper support for that camera.
Edward51

Postby Oscar111 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:13 am

Phase are definitely losing clients to 21MP canons, rental on DBs has dropped right off.
Oscar111

Postby andrew chester » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:48 am

nikon just released a smaller full frame camera : Introducing the D700 utilizing the same chip as the D3 at only USD3000 retail.
andrew chester

I own both.

Postby kenscottphoto » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:41 pm

I own both, the Canon 1DsMIII and the H2 with Phase p30+. The P30+ files are nicer, more D-range on the back and more detail. I like the canon for fast low light shooting. I don't use Capture one anymore for EITHER camera FYI, phase one. I like both cameras one is better than the other for different reasons.
kenscottphoto
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Andreas Trauttmansdorff » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:31 am

So is this just an issue with C1Pro. I'm not familiar enough with the Canon software to do a test. My Canon service centre has already swapped out my sensor once thinking it was a problem with the camera. Has no one seen this problem with other RAW processing software?

A.T.
Andreas Trauttmansdorff

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:55 am

Andreas Trauttmansdorff wrote:So is this just an issue with C1Pro. I'm not familiar enough with the Canon software to do a test. My Canon service centre has already swapped out my sensor once thinking it was a problem with the camera. Has no one seen this problem with other RAW processing software?

A.T.

It seems to be a CO3.x problem. Interesting Canon has replaced your sensor. Did it help?
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Andreas Trauttmansdorff » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:21 pm

Paul

It took me a while to realize that the Mark III still had the problem after the service mainly because I haven't used it much. Not being able to shoot tethered with C1Pro has meant primarily using my Mark II. When I noticed the same problem with the loaner Canon gave me I realized this is very likely not a camera issue.

How does the Mark III work with Canon's software? No red lines?

Andreas
Andreas Trauttmansdorff

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:29 pm

Andreas, I haven't tried Canon DPP with mkIII files yet. Just to be on the safe side, Phase One fixed the red line in 1D mkIII, unfortunately not 1Ds mkIII. You did not specifiy which mkIII you were using.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Andreas Trauttmansdorff » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:51 pm

1Ds Mark III
Andreas Trauttmansdorff

Previous

Return to Capture One 3.x Software