how many of us are switching to another software?

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

how many of us are switching to another software?

Postby superbomba » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:19 pm

Maybe.... if phaseone knows how many of us are planning to switch to another software.... maybe they will do something about it.

or maybe they are just not interested in selling C1 but only their backs.

so, how many of you are planning to switch to another software, and which would it be?

me: yes, lightroom
Last edited by superbomba on Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
superbomba

Re: how many of us are switching to another software?May

Postby Hans12 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:12 pm

I already switched 7 months ago.
Hans12

Postby Tore1 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:51 pm

And myself, I switced today! 7 months after I started off with an expensive upgrade from the Leica M8 C1 LE to PRO I am now back with Lightroom and couldn't be happier.

With the exception of being pissed off over the fact that I threw a small fortune after C1 which have given me so much hassle.

Now I feel totally stupid, like an absolute moron.

Why the hell did I throw away a program that troublefree gave me all the tools of the trade for one that had almost none.

Think I'll sink a few drinks to reset my brain and get going again for real!

:D :oops: :? :?: :evil: :idea: :arrow: :lol:
Best regards
Tore
Tore1

Postby Edward2 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:29 pm

I've been using C1 for around 5 years and bought the upgrade package a couple of years ago. I think I've got another free update then I'll have to start paying, the lack of Leopard support will make me think twice about buying another update.
I've enough to worry about without the tools I use to make a living not working

I've been playing with lightroom and it looks good, but why should I buy another piece of software when the I've got one which should work ???
The lack of a timescale has been frustrating to say the least, wish I could tell my clients you will get the pictures soon, I'm working on them..........

:roll: :roll:
Edward2

Postby goc » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:30 am

I have just purchased a new mac with leopard and cant use capture one 3.77
I have the 4 but it wont put the images in the trash file but into my desktop trash. Also the batch tool is not preforming for me. is it just me or is 3.7.7 more user friendly.
goc

Postby NN261571UL » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:53 am

goc wrote:I have just purchased a new mac with leopard and cant use capture one 3.77
I have the 4 but it wont put the images in the trash file but into my desktop trash. Also the batch tool is not preforming for me. is it just me or is 3.7.7 more user friendly.

im shooting with a 1dsmk3, so im forced into trying new software. i like lightroom, but hate canon software.
i cant see how tethering to capture one with a 1ds mk3 can be any good , usb is really, really slow on a mac. its takes 6 seconds for a raw to get to a computer.
i know this isnt a c1 issue, but it could force me into having to shoot raw to card, and send jpegs to the mac- so the transfer is fast- and i dont think c1 deals with jpegs well (maybe c1 4 is better)

i have tried to install c1 4 twice, and it just crashes (after following all the uninstall intstructions).

i loved that c1 worked with my p25 and my 1dsmk1 and mk2, but if it is not working, or doesnt work well with the canon mk3, i will definately consider other digital back options. software was the main reason i chose phaseone.

paul jones
NN261571UL

Postby NN8926212 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:55 pm

As much as all of this Leopard, Mark III, and new version issues have been a real mess and a lot of annoying workarounds for all of us that we really should not be responsible for....I really still enjoy and love using this software and hope Phase gets their act together regarding the 3.7.8 version and then the version 4 Pro...and in that order...as soon as they can. I have been working around stuff since I received my Mark III 1D months ago, then Leopard, and now my Mark III 1Ds and it is getting old, but I will hang in there and just make do with whatever I feel is best for my workflow in the interim. As a digital tech though, it can be difficult because there are so many different variables in the equation and now I have to be concerned with what every photographer I am working with is using camera wise, software, OS, etc. AHHHGGGG!!! :? I always spoke highly and have influenced a pretty good number of photographers I worked with and people I know to start using C1 Pro, so I obviously feel it is a superior capturing software and will hang tough while they are sorting their stuff out. @
NN8926212

Return to Capture One 3.x Software