I can't make a session... no session button is available...?

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

I can't make a session... no session button is available...?

Postby lx200 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:42 am

Just downloaded demo. Without reading directions, I was able to browse to folder, manipulate my raws, and output as .jpg's. All worked great.

But then I go to read the online help to learn more. First thing it says to do is \"Create a session\" by clicking a button. I don't have this button. I don't see it anywhere. I don't see anything that refers to \"sessions\", just collections.

I AM USING LE... does this not have sessions???

Look here to see what my screen looks like

http://www.ewtech.com/capture.jpg

Where is the button?????
lx200

...and why do I need them?

Postby lx200 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:20 am

I used Capture One by browsing to my compact flash card, then fixed the photos, add them to the batch, then batch converted into my permanent folder as high res .jpg files. Seems like that is what I will always do. Can't find a session button, didn't use a session, why do I need one?
lx200

Postby Ulf » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:03 pm

On the windows platform the \"session\" term is basically meaning a folder containing images and \"create new session\" is the 3rd button in the tool bar above the folder structure window.
I would not recommend you to work directly of your card but insted transfer the RAW files to your harddrive and the work from there.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

No session Toolbar in the LE

Postby wfd28 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:53 pm

I see the same thing. No session toolbar. Recent ( March 2005) LE trial download.

A sales inquiry pointed me to a PDF version better oriented to the LE version. It references the session create toolbar also.
wfd28

Postby kbstokes » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:47 pm

Same problem here. No opne/create session icon. So are you saying I should use the icon of the open folder that says \"add or change collection?\" What is the difference between a collection and a session?
kbstokes

Postby Keith Carpenter » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:59 pm

There is no difference, it is semantics.
For version LE the term Collection is used and in the Pro version Session is used.
Because you can tether a camera and write images directly into Capture One Pro, Session is appropriate because it can be a shooting session.
LE cannot do this and you may only work with Collections of images.

Sincerely,

k c
Keith Carpenter

Re: I can't make a session... no session button is available...?

Postby frisa56 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:21 pm

If it's the first time you open Capture One Pro 8 TRY VERSION, quit Capture One to start up with. Eject card or camera. Set card or plug camera and you will be asked to name the session. That's that easy!
frisa56

Re: I can't make a session... no session button is available...?

Postby Ulf » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:40 am

p.s Note that you just responded to a 10 year old thread...
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Capture One 3.x Software