How fast is your preview time in C1 ?

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

How fast is your preview time in C1 ?

Postby wseng » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:55 am

I'm shooting tethered using Canon 1Ds to Macbook and sometimes to PC. But I found the time I have to wait for the preview is rather slow. I've timed it at around 8 secs from the time I press the shutter to preview.

Are you guys having the same timing or rather faster ? or how could I make it faster ?
wseng

Postby wseng » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:37 am

any feedback from you guys? a rough timing? or how do i improve it better? thanks a lot
wseng

Postby Olivier111 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:59 pm

hello there,

Are you shooting to a G3? :P

A little more info about your setup would help people guessing or eluding the situation.

What type of computer you have, are you running other applications at the same time, do you have a ton of widget using RAM... You know some technical info.

Cheers
Olivier111

Postby wseng » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:34 am

hi olivier ..

I'm shooting using a macbook and sometimes with a PC. I believe both of the computers are fast enough not to have any serious bottleneck. Btw, the specs of the computers are as below :

Macbook :
Intel core duo 2.0 Ghz
2.0 Gb RAM
SATA I hard drive, 5400rpm
Running only capture one software

PC:
Intel P4 Dual Core 3.0 Ghz
2.0 Gb RAM
SATA II Hard drive, 7200rpm
Running only capture one software.

But I wish to know what are the speed that u are getting ? are u getting bored waiting for the pic to come out... I found that my average time to be around 5-6 secs to be able to view on the computer after shooting. It's way too painful....
wseng

Postby Joanna 1 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:13 am

I wonder if this is the memory leak that Phase One have kept very quiet about. I have a similar problem with untethered files on a MacBook Pro. Image preview generation when loading lots of images causes the machine to grind to a halt for about 20 minutes, if dealing with circa 400 images per batch (in fact anything over 100 causes the slowdown). It took a year of them denying that there was a problem, until one day they said oh yeah, must be the memory leak that a handful of people have reported.
Joanna 1

Postby chris_brown » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:17 am

shutter release to full preview for me on powerbook is about 5 secs. On macbook is about 3. Firewire connection.
chris_brown

Return to Capture One 3.x Software