Leopard Compatibility Issues

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

processed files with large dropouts

Postby Keith21 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:21 am

As stated previously, I'm using C1 3.7.7 with Leopard shooting tethered with a H20 back.

I'm noticing a new problem: some of the raw files are processing with large, horizontal dropouts (black bands). Oddly, when those files process with the dropouts, a second tiff file from the same raw file is processed automatically. I end up with one damaged file and one complete file.
Keith21

Postby toby1 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:27 pm

i ve had the same problem in leopard with black bands down the side of some images when processed, i did a batch of 40 P45 files to tiffs and 2 had the corruption, i reprocessed and they were fine

using 3.77

have also had a nightmare with card importing and lack of teathered support for !dsMk2 as already discussed

i have a beta of 3.78 but have been told its really buggy so i havnt installed it does the beta solve any of the issues with canon or card? dont want to screw up my system to find out
toby1

Postby NN1111111 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:19 am

Is anyone else having a problem with the program crashing while creating thumbnails and previews (OS X 10.5)?

I'm having this constantly on both the internal HD and externals.

Anyone found a workaround?
NN1111111

Postby ppp1 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:58 am

Is anyone else having a problem with the program crashing while creating thumbnails and previews (OS X 10.5)?

yes, same-same at home since the birth of the big Leo.
Anyone found a workaround?

None.
Just writing empty sentences on the forum, to feel close to Master Capture Zero... tired of waiting updates from Him...
ppp1

Postby NN1111111 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:58 am

Here's another bug:
[3.77 3115 LE on MacBook Pro, running 10.5 using Leica M8 DNG, files stored on external drive]

Setting color tint to zero then moving to a different image and returning to adjusted image, the tint amount goes to -214748

Moving between tools on the same image does not trigger the bug, only moving to a new image and then back.

Setting tint to any value other than 0 does not trigger the bug.

-214748 does not appear to have any tint, though occasionally the image will render as if the tint value was actually -100, but the field still reads as -214748. This happens rarely, mostly the tint is rendered as 0 while showing the wrong value. If the value is showing wrong and the image is rendered as -100 then it will process as if the tint value is -100, if the image looks like a tint value of 0 is applied but the field shows a value of -214748, the file will process as if the tint value is 0.

If the balance of the file is read in originally with a tint value of 0 and is not adjusted then it will stay at 0.

Hope this helps.
NN1111111

Postby Tom5 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:23 pm

Ulf,

I'm willing to bet that 90% of your customers are running capture one pro on macs. If your company is aware of a new OS X release, then you should be making certain that your product works on it by the time it launches. Frankly, your posts on this forum are the worst response to customer issues I have ever seen in my life. Instead of blaming your customers, YOU should be taking some responsibility for the fact that your product doesn't work on the OS that the majority of us are using, and giving us a timeframe for when we can expect this issue to be resolved.

i find your smugness to be more irritating than the actual issue.
Tom5

Postby Ulf » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:47 am

Tom

The software works great on Mac OS 10.5 Beta. However the final version was a very different story. Even as a premium developing partner we do not have the final in hand before it was released in public so what can we do?
The only thing we can do is work hard on resolving the issues and release a updated version with support for 10.5 as soon as possible.

Announcements on releases is announced on website and in newsletters.

The majority of Mac user is not using 10.5 but many is updating to it, this is why it is a very high priority to get this resolved..

I am sorry that for you I come across as smug when the only thing I would like to come across as is humble, helping and informative.
The only thing I want to do is to help you, our customers.

I am quite aware that I can not please all I am merely trying my best to inform but I can not accept that you point me out as personally responsible for that the current software version not being compatible with the operating system you just upgraded to.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby David5 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:07 am

I get impatient with Phase One sometimes too, but from what I am reading on the internet, Apple did leave most of the developers somewhat flat footed on the 10.5 Release. I don't know if they were trying to be overly secretive or just did not finish it until late, but Hardly anyones software was completely ready.
David5

We still don't know when, though...

Postby Jason 2 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:17 am

Are we waiting for a compatability update, or are Phase One holding out for the Capture One Pro 4 release to solve the issues with Leopard? For what it's worth I don't really care if the software looks a bit more like Aperture and Lightroom - I just need it to work without bugszzz...and I'm not the only one, judging by the comments in some of the forums here and reviews/comments on other websites.
It's preferable that we get a working version of the software - if that means waiting a bit longer for Pro 4, then so what?
...still no eta on an update....
Jason 2

3.7.7 - Leopard problems

Postby Paul1121 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:10 pm

I'm getting the black bands every time I batch an event. I'd say about 1 out of every 20-50 images have the problem when batching.

This is the only issue affecting me but it is VERY time consuming to have to go back through and reprocess images.

If it helps, I have also noticed the \"black band\" in the focus widow while using the focus tool, move to a different spot on the image and it goes away.

Paul
Paul1121

Postby Ulf » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:29 pm

jleaman

Capture One will be released in a 3.7.8 which is compatible with 10.5
Capture One 4 had its release not that long ago and is already compatible with 10.5
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby NN1111111 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:55 pm

Thanks for the update, but I would like a little clarification if possible.

I am resistant to switch all my work to the beta version because the documents explain that none of the saved settings will be compatible with the final version that is released, and they are not compatible with any current version either.

So, even though it may work a little better (or crash less), none of the work is transferable - so it would be pretty counter productive for me.

This is also why I could not give more feedback, there's no incentive to spend more time with the program.

Am I misunderstanding the nature of the beta release?
NN1111111

Postby Jon » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:12 pm

dlw,

I do not think you are misunderstanding, we have said many times over that Beta 4.0 should not be used in any kind of a production work flow. Since it is beta software there are many bugs and we cannot guarantee any specific level of reliability. We do not guarantee that your work will be transferable because until the final release there is always the possibility of work flow changes on the developemnt end.
Jon
Crew
Crew

Postby NN1111111 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:03 am

Thanks for the clarification.

Just for the record, the crashing on thumbnail creation and tint value bug posted above are not changed by the 10.5.1 update.
NN1111111

Postby GuitarAdoptions » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:09 am

I just switched from PC to Mac running Leopard.
Using a D200, not tethered, am I going to have issues and should wait for the newest release 3.7.8?
I really need a raw program to do my business.
GuitarAdoptions

PreviousNext

Return to Capture One 3.x Software