Leopard Compatibility Issues

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Leopard Compatibility Issues

Postby NN8926212 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:48 am

Now that the new OS is right around the corner...less than 3 days away....will there or are there any known reasons to stay away from upgrading to the new Leopard OS? I saw that there was an issue shooting tethered with a Canon Mark II 1Ds, which I own, and would like to know as much as possible regarding this upgrade and its known issues. Are people who use C1Pro regularly planning on upgrading right away or waiting this out a bit until most is ironed out? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! @.
NN8926212

Postby Ulf » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:26 pm

Hello

Yes there is numerous reasons.
The biggest reason is that if an application does not say it is compatible with the operating system you are using then you should not presume it is.
Current version of capture one is compatible with 10.3.9 and higher at the time of the release. which in other words it is compatible with up to 10.4.10 but not with 10.5 which is released in two days.
This does not mean it will not work but it has not been tested and functionality can not be guaranteed.

If I where you I would wait until I know that my most common used application will work under the new operating system. We will of course implement functionality for this new operating system.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby Ulf » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:46 pm

After further test today we have establish that CO 3.7.7 does not work under 10.5 while 4.0 Beta1 does.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Capture One Pro 3.7.7 works in Leopard

Postby ekfphoto » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:18 pm

UlfLiljegren wrote:After further test today we have establish that CO 3.7.7 does not work under 10.5 while 4.0 Beta1 does.

I tried to install CO Pro 3.7.7 in Leopard, but for some reason the installer for Capture One Pro 3.7.7 crashes at launch. This is unfortunate and quite frankly odd.

I was not going to give up that easily, so I dragged and dropped my Capture One Pro 3.7.7 folder from my applications folder (in the Tiger backup I made this morning before installing Leopard). It launched, created folders, I shot tethered from my P30, and I processes the images. Everything seems to be working fine in leopard with 3.7.7 Pro.
ekfphoto

Postby Johny1 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:49 am

Can this latest report be confirmed please?
Johny1

I perfer the common sense approach.

Postby eavesphoto » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:29 pm

I perfer the common sense approach.

Back up any data you wouldn't want to lose to optical media. (DVD+R should be a good option.)

Make a complete, bootable clone of your entire system and data to an extra hard drive. (FireWire 400 drives are cheap and effective insurance. SuperDuper and Carbon Copy Cloner can handle the backups at minimal cost.)

Disconnect all peripheral devices (except for your mouse and keyboard on a desktop system).

Check the latest compatibility information for possible problems with your software and peripherals. Kernel-level programs are the most likely to have trouble (e.g. networking, security utilities, device drivers, etc.).

Also read other users experiences on
www.macintouch.com
www.macfixit.com

Don't run out and buy it right away, do you want ot be a beta tester that badly ?
If you follow the instructions above you should be able to clone you old system back to computer.
eavesphoto

Postby Hans12 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:44 pm

I can confirm that I can shoot tethered with my P30+.
I can't shoot tethered with my 1DsII; I can shoot and C1 says receiving capture but can't find the files back in C1. A workaround is shooting with Canon EOS utility.
Hans12

Postby NN8926212 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:02 pm

I had no choice...my OS was being completely unstable and I needed to do something so might as well install Leopard and see what happens. It seems really slick and fast so far and my epson drivers are fully supported and C1Pro has the workaround that will get me by and if not, I will use my Macbook Pro for anything else and Flexcolor should have a non-beta fully supported Leopard version within the next few weeks so things are good!
NN8926212

compatibilty w Leopard

Postby Hayes » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:25 pm

P30 plus works tethered in leopard. Just ran leopard installer on Macbook and Desktop... everything showed up. Confirmed that 1DsII does not work tethered. Maybe 3.8 in Nov?
Hayes

Postby NN634677921790205451UL » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:23 am

5D tethered doesn't work either on leopard.
NN634677921790205451UL

Leopard and Canon 1Ds MkII

Postby Keith21 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:23 am

I ugpraded to Leopard and 3.7.7 works well with my Phase One H20 but not with my Canon 1Ds MKII. When shooting tethered with the MKII, the camera connects and can be triggered from the computer. However, even though the \"receiving capture\" progress bar shows a capture coming in, none does; no capture files anywhere. I've had to work around using Canon utilities.
Keith21

Re: Capture One Pro 3.7.7 works in Leopard

Postby ekfphoto » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:29 pm

ekfphoto wrote:
UlfLiljegren wrote:After further test today we have establish that CO 3.7.7 does not work under 10.5 while 4.0 Beta1 does.

I tried to install CO Pro 3.7.7 in Leopard, but for some reason the installer for Capture One Pro 3.7.7 crashes at launch. This is unfortunate and quite frankly odd.

I was not going to give up that easily, so I dragged and dropped my Capture One Pro 3.7.7 folder from my applications folder (in the Tiger backup I made this morning before installing Leopard). It launched, created folders, I shot tethered from my P30, and I processes the images. Everything seems to be working fine in leopard with 3.7.7 Pro.

BTW, if you use my approach to getting CO in Leopard, don't forget to also copy the colorsync profiles from Library/colorsync/profiles.
ekfphoto

Ulf

Postby daoudmac » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:49 am

Nothing more irritating than a condescending support person telling you that if that app does not say its compatible with 10.5 then its not. DUH! Is there anyway to get information that is helpful rather then irritating from someone who is so almighty that they cannot presume that someone would install Leopard and try to run Capture One 3.7.7? None of my raw files are downloading to their proper folder. Any advice?
daoudmac

Postby Ulf » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:53 am

daoudmac

I am sorry that I have irritated you when stating the obvious.
However this is how it is.

We have a team of guys adapting Capture One run run smoothly on 10.5
There was not much we could do to prevent this when the issues, like the one you describe with the CF card import utility was not there on earlier beta versions of 10.5.

Your workaround right now is to drag and drop in the finder instead and we should have a update out soon.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby Andrew22 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:41 am

I installed leopard on both my G5 PowerPC and my MacBook Pro.

I had similar Capture One Pro installation problems but used the get-around provided in this forum (yes you have to remember to copy the profiles into the colorsync folder in your Library). By the way, installation problems are not specific to Capture One - I had similar problems with Adobe products.

My experience is that processing is working fine on the PowerPC, but capturing from an H25 on the MacBook while ok at first, has since gone bad (captures coming in rotated by 90 degrees and taking several seconds to correct, the Trash folder not being recognised, and now it simply crashes after about a minute of doing anything).

I am reverting to Tiger for capturing (perhaps it is an Intel-specific problem) but fingers crossed that processing continues to function....
Andrew22

Next

Return to Capture One 3.x Software