Canon PowerShot S70 CRW

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Canon PowerShot S70 CRW

Postby Harald1 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:44 pm

Hello!
I came into contact with CO1 when purchasing my Leica M8 and from this time on, I never used any other RAW converter. This works perfect for my EOS 5D, so I am almost happy.
I also own a Canon Powershot S70, which creates fine RAW files, I had and still have to convert with the appropriate Canon tool.
Yesterday I received an information, that Canon PowerShot S70 has (almost?) identical software - and therefore (almost?) identical RAW files (*.CRW) like the already supported PowerShot G6.
So I simply patched the string \"S70\" with \"G6\" (and a byte of 00h) and voilá, CO1 has recognized the RAW file of my S70 and I could work exactly as with M8 and 5D. The converted images are marvellous, glorious and of course magnificent.
So, my simple question, why do I have to patch my RAW files with only the name of a known camera and why is this not in the list of supported camera?
Greetings, Harald
Harald1

Re: Canon PowerShot S70 CRW

Postby NN173332UL » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:04 pm

Also vote for Canon Powershot S60/S70 (similar G5/G6) raw support!
NN173332UL

Re: Canon PowerShot S70 CRW

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:11 pm

Gents, file a feature request for camera support in a support case from the Phase One web site.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 3.x Software