Capture One - D5 - teathered - will not name files correctly

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Capture One - D5 - teathered - will not name files correctly

Postby NN1928712 » Thu May 18, 2006 8:30 pm

I am shooting with a Canon D5 teathered to a Powerbook G4 Ti laptop with the latest version of Capture One. No matter what I check or uncheck within the prefrences of file nameing in Capture One - files coming through from the D5 will not keep the camera number sequence. Capture One renames the incoming file as per the the JOB NAME and then adds the Capture One counter number. I know I can add a prefix or a postfix - but the box that says \"use counter from camera\" does not work.

This creates a major workflow problem because sometime I shoot teathered and then to the card within the context of the same shoot. I get totally different naming sequences. Please fix this problem so that the unique file number from the Canon files is kept as part of the file name.

When could I expect a fix on this problem?
Peter Lien
Lien/Nibauer Photography, Inc.
NN1928712

Postby Ulf » Thu May 18, 2006 10:03 pm

To the best of my knowledge \"use cameras captur counter\" only work with Phase One camera backs.
What you can do to workaround this is to first sort images in a collection by time. Next rename images and the session will be in sequence.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby Jeffrey111 » Sun May 21, 2006 5:43 pm

I find the same issue with the 5D. In my case when I disconnect to move to a new location the numbering restarts and I have one exposure from say, 20 views, then the 2nd exposure from the same 20 views, and the wasted time is significant in having to resort them, or trying on location to find even just the previous exposure to compare to the current one. I wasn't sure if this someting I had set wrong, but now I see that someone else has the same problem. Is it only the 5D?
Jeffrey111

5D file naming

Postby canon » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:50 pm

I am having the same problem. capture one will not take the 5D camera number, and it keeps resetting, the number it uses. I also have a canon 1Ds Mark II, canon 1D mark II, and canon D60, and they all have no problem with naming and numbering using the camera counter number. how do i fix this??? help.
canon

will it be corrected?

Postby Christian Mushenko » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:33 am

Yep we too have the same problem with our 5D which causes much annoyance and time wasteage in our work flow. Please can we have a reply from Phase One as to whether you plan to fix this and if so when?
Christian Mushenko

Re: Capture One - D5 - teathered - will not name files correctly

Postby Todd161 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:00 pm

Has anyone been experiencing this issue of late? I've a photographer at our studio hitting this wall. Using Canon EOS 5D Mark III, ver 8.3

The software is not numbering the shots in sequence after being awaken to continue shooting. It starts over from example_name_001.
Todd161

Re: Capture One - D5 - teathered - will not name files correctly

Postby Ulf » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:11 pm

sing Canon EOS 5D Mark III, ver 8.3

Note that you are in Capture One 3.x thread right now.
You should probably post in the Capture One 8.x forum
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 3.x Software