Tethered Shooting with Minolta Dynax 7D

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Tethered Shooting with Minolta Dynax 7D

Postby jmechan » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:30 pm

Morning all,
I'm a prospective Capture One customer who has one principal problem. I'm currently doing a huge amount of product photography, for which I need to be able to shoot tethered with my Minolta Dynax 7D. Currently I use Minolta's Dimage Transfer. This is, frankly, a pony piece of software. Capture One Pro looks like it does what I want, but currently doesn't have tethered support for the 7D.

My question is, is it possible to build in additional tethered support, and if so, how long is it likely to take...?

Thanks,

Jon
jmechan

Postby Keith Carpenter » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:51 pm

Jon,

The only DSLR cameras that are supported for direct tethering into Capture One PRO are the Canon EOS models. In order to make this compatability, developers need open access to camera files. Since Canon provides these, they are fully supported.
There is high demand now to add Nikon support for tetherability. Whether this occurs is between Phase One Developers and Nikon.
2 things must happen for cameras to be added - open file access, and demand from users.
In the meantime, you can shoot tethered using the KM software and write to a Session Folder in Capture One - and have the Preference setting to Enable hotfolder - which refreshes thumbnails.
Also, you can make a Feature Request for Konica-Minolta tethered support.
Feature Requests are now submitted by creating a Support Case.

Sincerely,
k c
Keith Carpenter

Re: Tethered Shooting with Minolta Dynax 7D

Postby Peter6 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:33 pm

Just received a webinar invite from Digital Transitions for Capture One 4. We'll probably move up to 4 for the P45, but the inability to shoot tethered using our Nikons is a real reason not to go with Phase One.
Phase (and Nikon) need to come to the realization that an open platform is what we expect. Proprietary imaging software is an obstacle that most pros now avoid, unless forced to by the brand.
With DSLRs nipping at Phase's heels, opening up Capture One is needed.
Peter6

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:51 pm

Peter wrote:Just received a webinar invite from Digital Transitions for Capture One 4. We'll probably move up to 4 for the P45, but the inability to shoot tethered using our Nikons is a real reason not to go with Phase One.
Phase (and Nikon) need to come to the realization that an open platform is what we expect. Proprietary imaging software is an obstacle that most pros now avoid, unless forced to by the brand.
With DSLRs nipping at Phase's heels, opening up Capture One is needed.

Must be living under a rock. Read Capture One 4.6.2 release notes and you'll be in shock for a couple of weeks. :mrgreen:
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Peter6 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:07 pm

Wow. Didn't know that. I use C1 3.7 for the Phase, Lightroom or Nikon's capture software for most everything else.
Thanks. I'll go crawl under my rock now... :oops:
Peter6

Return to Capture One 3.x Software