How to apply Edit/Prefernce selections to all images

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

How to apply Edit/Prefernce selections to all images

Postby NN109526UL2 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:07 am

My Intel motherboard crashed. I have just replaced it with an ASUS x58 and am using XPPro. I shoot Hassy H1 and the P25 Back. I shoot to CFC's and offload into the computer. I am using C1Pro v.3.7.10 because it is a fast RAW convertor. I load my C1Pro previews directly from the selected storage storage HDD. I load all of the RAW image files shot for the assignment. Then, I go through the previews and process the majority into JPEGs and TIFFs. Using Edit/Preferences, I have already made certain Preference selections, such as wanting to view all of my images at the "Standard Focus" resolution rather than the "Soft Focus" resolution. I have also pre-selected other various "slider" values for the Noise, Color and Banding, etc options. How do I get all of those pre-selected Preference selction values to apply to the whole job as the individual images load into the preview window? As I process my images, I would like to cut down on the number of seconds it takes for me to do the various post steps, for each individual image. When I select an image for post production processing, it should come in with these pre-selected values already applied. If they don't come in already set, I have to individually adjust all of those slider values, for every single exposure. That increases my production time by an extra 15 seconds per picture. When I ran 3.7.9, every image opened with some of the options pre-determined and pre-set. All I had to do was to manage the exposure, color, contrast and crops. How can I automatically apply my 3.7.10 Edit/Preference pre-selection values to all of the images as previews?

Thank You
NN109526UL2

Re: How to apply Edit/Prefernce selections to all images

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:45 am

Adjustment settings like sharpening and noise reduction you preset in the Preferences should apply automatically on new images. A new image is an image the program does not yet have made a work file for. In general, once opened in Capture One, the work file is created and default (preset) adjustments are set.

Do you like other presets to apply, you have to copy them to your images like a new adjustment. Of course you do not have to do that for each image individually. You can apply a specific adjustment or a group of adjustments to a selection of images in one stroke.

Hopefully this will get you started in the right direction. Please let us know if you need any gaps to be filled in.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist, Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby NN109526UL2 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:41 am

Thank you, Paul. As I understand it, the Preference selections should stick to the images for the next assignment, as they are loaded into the C1Pro program. I will copy a few of the existing RAW image files to a new folder and import them into C1 to see if that "fools" the system.

Paul
NN109526UL2

Postby John4 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:43 pm

NN109526UL wrote:Thank you, Paul. As I understand it, the Preference selections should stick to the images for the next assignment, as they are loaded into the C1Pro program. I will copy a few of the existing RAW image files to a new folder and import them into C1 to see if that "fools" the system.

Paul

You need to know how C1 3.x handles the adjustment files before you attempt to fool the program. It differed on MAC/PC as I understand it (only used PCs)...so your method would work on a Mac where the referenced adjustment files are maintained under the image folder, and in the current version of COne V6.....but will not work on the PC version of 3.x where the referenced adjustment files were kept in a central Preview folder. On a PC, you could simply relocate the Preview folder without moving existing files to build new adjustment files (one solution of many)...but otherwise it will utilize the last saved adjustments to those files, no matter where located) before building new previews/adjustment files from those files.

Hope that makes sense
John4

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:43 pm

John is correct, and you have to outsmart the program to be sure you start from scratch with a particular image. In addition to John's workaround, a description how I did this.
I backed up the image(s). Next, I deleted the images from within CO3. This will also remove the preview and work file associated with it. Next, I restore the image file and CO3 will build new support files for it.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist, Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby John4 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:02 pm

..as I said many ways to do this, and I like Paul E's method better than what I suggested...thanks, Paul.
John4

Return to Capture One 3.x Software