3rd Party (i.e Huion) pen and styles support

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 8.x.

3rd Party (i.e Huion) pen and styles support

Postby 6BQ5 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:59 pm

I received my Huion GT-220 display tablet over the weekend. Wow, it is so cool! I love being able to draw my masks with a stylus. Its much faster and much more accurate than using a mouse or a trackpad+finger. I noticed that the brush and erase tool for masks is very erratic. Sometimes it stops working and I need to move the mouse to the menu bar and back to reset the functionality. Sometimes I end up with a streak going from the point where the brush last worked to the menu.

Now, before someone says that it's purely a driver issue I will say that I tested the Huion with other programs like Art Rage, Sketchbook Pro, and Manga Studio. The stylus worked flawlessly there. Pen pressure was recognized very well. Brush strokes were smooth (no jagged lines). Both of my kids painted with those programs and it worked great for them too. We have no problems to report anywhere except Capture One.

I'd like to log a case with the technical support crew but first I want to reach out to my fellow Capture One users and ask about their experiences with third party tablets. Do you notice any strange behavior with your non-Wacom tablet?
Boris

See my photos on flickr : https://www.flickr.com/photos/50111087@N05/
6BQ5

Re: 3rd Party (i.e Huion) pen and styles support

Postby 6BQ5 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:33 pm

Nobody else uses a non-Wacom tablet with Capture One?
Boris

See my photos on flickr : https://www.flickr.com/photos/50111087@N05/
6BQ5

Postby SFA » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:25 pm

6BQ5 wrote:Nobody else uses a non-Wacom tablet with Capture One?

Tablet?

;)

Grant
SFA

Postby NNN635726999961550061 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:19 am

Hi, I use a Huion H610 Pro (its a great tablet!), it works well except for Capture one pro, I get the Same issues. I noticed the Circle adjjustments are fixed w 8.3.3, but sliders don't work well and same thing with masking, it gets stuck and also draws a stream from one end to another point.

How do I log a feature update/ fix to Capture One Pro?
NNN635726999961550061

Postby SFA » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:51 am

NNN635726999961550061 wrote:
How do I log a feature update/ fix to Capture One Pro?

Create a Support Case.

IN C1 go tho the Help Menu and then the Contact Support tab and take things from there.

HOWEVER ...

This weekend it seems there are some updates being applied to the Support system and it looks like it might not be available at the moment (I have just checked the link mentioned).

So either there is a new link (go to the web site and see what you can find) or the change over is in process and things will come back at some point later.

You should also be able to see a link to support if you log in to your account - which is by far the most sensible way to make contact.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby RobertJosephBailey » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:01 pm

Was this ever fixed by Phase One.

I have a Huion 1060 Pro + and am experiencing similar problems with Cap One on Mac. On Windows it works fine.

TIA

Robert
Robert
RobertJosephBailey

Return to Capture One 8.x Software