XF mount on IQ1 series

Discussions regarding Phase One XF and XT
Also lens discussion for Phase One, Schneider and Rodenstock lenses.

XF mount on IQ1 series

Postby Phil Ryan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:12 pm

I see in the XF specs a reference to the IQ1 series having an XF mount or a P/M mount. What's the difference? As I understand there are no new features enabled on the IQ1, but is the mount actually changing for the XF?
Phil Ryan
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: XF mount on IQ1 series

Postby Drew » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:14 am

The "mount" has not.
The interface however (which is part of the mount) has. The IQ3 interface has an extra set of pins to facilitate faster communication and Power Sharing.

So, physically any Phase Mount/Mamiya Mount back will fit on an XF. Only the IQ backs have the ability to communicate with the XF (enough resources to facilitate communication) and only the IQ2 and IQ3 backs have enough resources to run the new features. The IQ1 will connect and shoot, just as it would on a DF/DF+.
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:53 pm

OK, the IQ1 possibilities and limitations I understand (P/M mount). The IQ3 extras in combination with the XF is clear as well (XF mount). But about the IQ2 I am confused.

As I understand it, the IQ2 does not have extra set of pins to facilitate faster communication and power sharing. However, in the next paragraph of Drew's message I read "only the IQ2 and IQ3 backs have enough resources to run the new features".

That feels like a contradiction. What do I miss here?
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby flashsplash » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:56 am

Hi Paul,

I think what they are saying is:

- IQ 1 series, has nothing extra and is as on the DF+, with the exception of software loading . That is now for both the body XF and the IQ through the CF card
All other new features that can control the XF/set are not available on the IQ 1 , although it has the communication it does not have enough CPU/mem resources to implement it on the IQ 1

- IQ 2 series, has additional features for body control of the XF camera as it has sufficient memory/ CPU resources as part of the IQ2 design. So it can do the features the IQ3 can do except the power sharing... some of those features are really nice like the zoning where no recovery from the highlights is possible..... etc....

-IQ 3 series, well that ha sit all....

That is what I got out of the brief and presentations....

Kind regards, Steve
flashsplash
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Christian Gruner » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:00 pm

flashsplash wrote:Hi Paul,

- IQ 1 series, has nothing extra and is as on the DF+, with the exception of software loading . That is now for both the body XF and the IQ through the CF card
All other new features that can control the XF/set are not available on the IQ 1 , although it has the communication it does not have enough CPU/mem resources to implement it on the IQ 1

- IQ 2 series, has additional features for body control of the XF camera as it has sufficient memory/ CPU resources as part of the IQ2 design. So it can do the features the IQ3 can do except the power sharing... some of those features are really nice like the zoning where no recovery from the highlights is possible..... etc....

Kind regards, Steve

That is correct. No need for a post-presentation test for you :D
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:50 pm

Christian Gruner wrote:
flashsplash wrote:Hi Paul,

Kind regards, Steve

That is correct. No need for a post-presentation test for you :D

Thanks guys, maybe I am ready for the test now. :D
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby NN635180729116099794UL » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:43 am

Hi,

i have the IQ160 and i made a request to swapping my DF+ to the new XF, so i can get batter focusing ability ( since the focusing on DF+ is not that great) and to use the waist level finder, but from what i am reading now it looks like there is no benefit!! nothing will get improve, just the same as DF+!!
so is my understanding is correct??
Regard
NN635180729116099794UL

Postby Jon » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:51 pm

NN635180729116099794UL wrote:Hi,

i have the IQ160 and i made a request to swapping my DF+ to the new XF, so i can get batter focusing ability ( since the focusing on DF+ is not that great) and to use the waist level finder, but from what i am reading now it looks like there is no benefit!! nothing will get improve, just the same as DF+!!
so is my understanding is correct??
Regard

This is not correct, you get all the performance capabilities of the new body. What you don't get with IQ1 is power sharing or the additional tools on the digital back screen.
Jon
Crew
Crew

Postby flashsplash » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:06 pm

Indeed, I did a test shoot with the XF body and IQ-1XX. The body is so much better , especially the focusing system.. Its fast and accurate..... Yes I did not have all the whistles and bells of a IQ3XX but hey that body makes up for it. Just give it a test run at your sales store...... and you will be amazed.... :D

Kind regards,

Steve
flashsplash
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Phase One XF and XT