Several Looks in One session? Possible

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Several Looks in One session? Possible

Postby Eric211 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:00 pm

Hello All, I was wondering if there is any way to make a days session and have several looks in that session..
Basically during a days shoot I would have Session for the Day and then each individual shot.. Look 1,2,3,4 etc..
Is there anyway to do this with out having to make a new session for every look and when I shoot tethered the images for First shot go into Look 1 or Shot 1 and then when I have the next look 2 etc.. Basically I want only the look I am currently shooting to show up and then when I go to look 2 have just the look 2 images tethered into that folder etc... Or do I have to open a new session for every look... I cannot find how to do this with out opening a new session for every look...
Hope that makes sense and if someone could help out it sure would be great... I used to be able and click the current folder and make it the download session and the captures would go into that folder but it seems in V.6 it is greyed out the option to set as capture folder...
Let me explain it agian quickly.. I want a Session (the Days shoot) and then have each "look" have it's own capture folder so I do not have to have all the images in the same folder...
Thanks
Eric
Eric211

Re: Several Looks in One session? Possible

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Should be no problem.

You can make as many folders in your session folder, named Look1, Look2 and so on.
When you switch to another look, make that appropriate Look-folder the Capture folder and CO Pro will shoot into that folder.

To streamline your workflow even more, do the following:
- create a Template Session (named, Template?) and make the folders mentioned and add them to the Favorites in case you like to make Smart Albums which search through all Look-folders.
- close the session and copy the session folder to create a new session every day.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Several Looks in One session? Possible

Postby Eric211 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:55 pm

Thanks will try... When I make a new capture folder it goes to session favorites and then I make that the capture folder by right clicking nec=xt to it.. correct?
Or can I keep the main capture folder and just make folders look 1,2,3 etc.. and have only the newer images come into those folders each time a have one slected or will it show me all the images I have shot if I do not make it the capture folder?
Does that make sense.. because if I make a new album that is not allowed to be a capture folder..
So let me get this right.. Highlight Capture folder in sessions folder and I right click and make a new capture folder and name it look 1... then repeat after each look..?It htrows it in to the session favorits as a new folder... this is also correct..
Thank you very much...
Eric
Eric211

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software