Canon tethering on Capture One 7

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Re: Canon tethering on Capture One 7

Postby FPS » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:22 pm

if canon relies new version, i mast reinstall CO7??
FPS

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:18 pm

FPS wrote:if canon relies new version, i mast reinstall CO7??

When Canon releases a new SDK, and Phase One releases an updated CO7 based on that SDK, you can install that CO7 update.

When Phase One releases an update of CO7 but with the same SDK as 7.0 (because there is no newer version yet) you must repeat the procedure describe in this thread.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby NNN634269145903144256 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:56 pm

I have the following:

Capture One Pro 7
Canon 5D Mark III with firmware 1.1.3
Macbook Pro running OSX 10.8.2
Canon EOS Utility 2.12.0

I have followed the steps provided to facilitate the workaround to get the tethering to work from CO7 or atleast have the camera be detected by CO7, and I keep getting a Capture Error in the Events Log, with the following description:

Description: Exception: NSInvalidSendPortException. [NSMachPort sendBeforeDate:] destination port invalid
Domain: com.phaseone.captureone

Any information regarding how I can get tethering to work with my 5DMkIII would be appreciative

Thank you all in advance
NNN634269145903144256

Postby FPS » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:06 pm

do you have the lates firmware??
FPS

Postby Gretelill » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:15 pm

This is exactly the same as I have (camera,CaptureOne7, operating system), and Capture Error also.
Firmware Canon 1.1.3 is the latest one.
Gretelill
Gretelill

Postby JorgeParraPhotography » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:43 am

Off Topic Question here:

How do I get the Certified Pro Logo for my Profile?

I got the certification in Miami this last summer.

Thanks!

Jorge Parra
JorgeParraPhotography
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby ekfphoto » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:29 pm

NNN634554284959237225 wrote:all I get is a busy sign on my camera

That happens any time you disconnect your camera from CO. You have to quit CO, relaunch it and reconnect your camera.

Do not let your camera go to sleep during any tethered session because that will cause the same problem (disconnect and then "Busy" status on LCD, where you have to re-launch CO. To avoid this I turned sleep off entirely on my 5D MKII.
ekfphoto

Postby derek1 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 am

Cant get this to work on my system

COP 7
MacPro
os 10.8.2
Canon 5DmkIII
derek1

Postby jeremy62 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:56 am

Glad to have tethered shooting back. Urgh - that was painful... thanks Canon for the lack of support to Phase ! Canon seems to think either consumer or press/sport photographer and the rest of us can just struggle.

Not so great is that for my setup ( latest firmware, OSX software, MarkIII ) is that the program requires restarting if changing cards or if the tether cord needs to be disconnected. It just won't reconnect without restarting the program, which may not seem much, but on a job when you've people waiting.... we're getting there. A little more patience required !
jeremy62

Postby JorgeParraPhotography » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:12 pm

What keeps me wondering, is why Canon seemed to have supplied Adobe with everything needed for proper tethering and Phase One is still looking after a solution via workarounds.

If you connect several different cameras (I just tested with the Mark II), to LightRoom 4, the tethering will not suffer from the camera going to sleep, or any interruption like we still get in CO7, and worst of all, in LR4 ( and previous versions too), you can also store the images to the CF cards, so you have an instant back up, in case the computer crashes along the way.

Everyone will certainly enjoy the benefit of uninterrupted tethering, but much certainly will rejoice if storing in the cards become a reality, just like in LightRoom.

Jorge
JorgeParraPhotography
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby geesbert » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:33 pm

The workaround works, sort of....

I can't trigger the camera while in live view and the live view ist very slow, something like around 5-8 images per second. with Canon Capture it is like a video feed. what is going on here?
geesbert

Postby ericre » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:07 am

zusammenfassend kann man sagen, dass man das update lieber nicht kaufen und stattdessen warten sollte bis alles wie beschrieben auch funktioniert, oder?
ericre

Postby Timandrews » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:10 pm

Hello all,
Can anyone confirm that this work-around functions with a Canon 1ds Mk2? I shoot with this camera occasionally, but mainly with a Phase One p45+ back.

In order to maintain my tethering capabilities with my Canon, I am running several versions of software that are at least one generation old, and would love to upgrade everything without having to replace an $8,000 camera that functions perfectly well. Here's where I am currently:
Mac OS: 10.6.8
Capture One: 6.2.2

I know it's outdated, but everything works tethered. I appreciate your help.
Timandrews

Postby JorgeParraPhotography » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Dear Tim, without doing anything else, you can update Version 6 up to 6.4.2 and the tethering will work perfectly fine for the 5D Mark II.

Now, with the workaround described, for more recent versions of v6 and now with v7, the only issue you have to keep in mind is to avoid letting the Canon camera go into sleep, so you have to change the camera settings to never sleep, or else, the camera and software disconnect, and you have to quit C1 and re-open in order to re-establish connection.

Jorge
JorgeParraPhotography
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Timandrews » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Jorge, thanks for the reply, but I have a 1ds Mk2, not a 5D Mk2. Do you know if it will work with this camera?
Timandrews

PreviousNext

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software