TwoShoot Error

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

TwoShoot Error

Postby Anton2 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:55 am

So I rented a lens for the long weekend and was planning to go out shooting with my H1 and P25. I've only had them for a week and haven't had much time to play with them yet.

I'm shooting to 2GB Extreme III cards, if that matters. I got through the first one okay, but at one point the mirror stayed up for a long time and I got the error:

TwoShoot error: timeout on second trigger pulse. max delay is 5 sec

on the P25. I powercycled the camera and the back, and it worked fine for the rest of the card. About 7 frames into the second card, it happened again and again. No amount of powercycling would fix it. I thought maybe it was because that card hadn't been formated in the P25, so I popped in another card and formatted it. I only got 3 frames out of that one, and the error started happening constantly. Things I have tried to remedy it:

-powercycling both body and back
-powercycling just back
-switiching latency from short to long
-switching batteries
-switching cards
-turning off both camera and back for 5 minutes
-physically disconnecting and reconnecting the back from the body

none of that worked, and the back was refusing to do anything but pop up the error message, so I had to give up and come home. Thank god I was just out by myself having fun rather than on a job. Has anybody gotten this error before? Any ideas how to get my back working again? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd like to get back up and running this weekend if possible.
Anton2

Two shot error message

Postby Peter4 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:05 am

I had the same on the P20/Rollei bundle.

But my back was working well. Next shot was taken normal.
Switching back off and on again fixed all.
Peter4

Postby Anton2 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:10 pm

As it turns out, the problem was the lens I rented. It had not been modified. In case any one else has this issue, it's caused by older, unmodified H1 lenses, which can be identified by silver screws on the lens mount rather than black. The modification is done for free by Hasselblad. So if you rent any lenses, check and make sure they have the black screws and save yourself some headaches.
Anton2

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs