Batch Processing!

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Re: Batch Processing!

Postby Gary2 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:47 pm

Did anyone ever find a solution to the random crashes for processing images? My C1Pro 4.8.3 was processing just fine a few days ago. But, now it's crashing after every few images get added to the queue. I'll add one, the queue will have two or three images in it, and kablooey! Once I restart C1Pro and the queue, the images in process fine. And the one causing the failure will process, too.

I have tried clearing my process history and restarting. Random crashes continue. I am OK with deleting the session file and the preferences. But, before doing so, can someone give me advice on what I need to preserve (e.g. screen shots of the C1Pro preferences screens) so I can rebuild the app/session to work as how it was set up.

Thanks!

Gary
Gary2

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:09 pm

The CO plist file contains the preferences you set in the program. In addition it also remembers for you the state of tools and toggles in the program. Examples are the grid status (on/off), edit primary only status, recent session list, last used workspace (not the workspace itself), size and position of the application window et cetera.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby ZedAgent » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:29 pm

I'd just like to pitch in and say that I've been experiencing the exact same sort of spontaneous batch processing crashes while trying to produce QuickPreview jpegs from Canon Mark II raw files. And this is with Capture One Pro 5! I have tried everything I can think of and every suggestion here to try and alleviate the problem, to no avail. The problem happens on both a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.5.8 as well as a brand new iMac with 10.6.2. I'm on the last day of an advertising shoot with a new photographer client and this one problem has been making my life a total stress-out the past couple days.
ZedAgent

Postby Bobg » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:02 pm

Bobg

Postby Drew » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby davidkiang » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:09 pm

I must have missed something ... C1 5 has a batch processing bug from the last update? I'm on v 5.1 and now I can't batch process selected groups of images. The pdf instructions talk about C1 4, I don't see the same controls as v 5.

Whenever I press shift-cmd D, it gives me the error bling. But it will work via the File menu and shift. Strange.
davidkiang

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:24 am

david17 wrote:I must have missed something ... C1 5 has a batch processing bug from the last update? I'm on v 5.1 and now I can't batch process selected groups of images. The pdf instructions talk about C1 4, I don't see the same controls as v 5.

Whenever I press shift-cmd D, it gives me the error bling. But it will work via the File menu and shift. Strange.

The Sh+Cmd+D is obsolete in CO 5.1.x. You now use the Edit All Selected option and hit Cmd+D.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby davidkiang » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:59 pm

Actually, I loved that function. It was funny the earlier version of C1 5 did the shift cmd D, once the upgrade came around it was taken out. Is the instructions updated as well? I believe there was no warning :o
davidkiang

Postby picman2 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:27 pm

No it does not. It says:

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
picman2

Previous

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software