P25 H101 Back red-light

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

P25 H101 Back red-light

Postby John 6 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:03 am

I am wondering if anyone knows what the cause for this situation may be. Or whether or not someone else has experienced this problem. Today I was doing a lot of shooting onto 4 GB cards. I noticed that even after a considerable amounht of time, when I powered down the P25 back using the switch on the back, I noticed that the red light inside the card slot area was lit. When I powered up the back, the red light behind the card door went off. When I powered down the back, the light went back on. Ican't figure out what is causing this and whether or not it is a problem with my back. The temp outside was very warm and I was shooting for long hours. Has anyone expereinced this? Thanks
John 6

Red Light

Postby Sean1 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:18 pm

I had a similar issue while shooting long exposures (10 - 45 sec) to a card. The P25 continued to display the red light (writing file) for such a long period of time I had to turn the unit off. This was on a Hassy 555 and 180mm lens. When went to change the aperture for the next shot, the aperture ring wouldn't turn. Weird, as I can't figure out how that would be effected. When I took the shot, the camera fired twice in a row. Again, weird. Any ideas?
Sean1

Postby Ulf » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:39 am

The balck calibration of a images take the same time as the exposure where by if you shoot to a computer or to CF card the back is unavailable during this time. This is the behavior you are experencing.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs