P25 on the Mamiya RZ

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

P25 on the Mamiya RZ

Postby goodmanstudio » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:28 pm

I've had many troubles with the P25 back on the RZ and have been trouble shooting this for a while now. I seemed to have narrowed it down to it being a problem between the contacts on the plate and on the camera. I continually get a \"shutter syncro error\". Am wondering if anyone else has this problem? Is it my RZ? RZs in general with this back?
Thanks.
goodmanstudio

Postby Ulf » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:19 am

Most common when this happen is that the battery in the RZ is flat, RZ is a semi elecronic camera and wakeup / sync will not work correct if the battery is flat.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby goodmanstudio » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:34 pm

I have been changing Batteries frequently... Much more frequently than when I was shooting film. When I said I have traced it to the contacts between the plate and the RZ body, I meant that if I squeeze the plate tight to the body in the upper left corner where the contacts are, I can get it to fire (sometimes) but if I let go, the contact is lost.

The strangest part of this whole issue, which has been going on now for about 8 weeks, is that it all started when I upgraded from the H-25 to the P-25... it is an odd coincidence. I used an H-25 for a year and then an H-20 for 8 months before that and while I sometimes had issues... nothing to the extent of this. Right now the set-up is completely unreliable and therefore useless to me. The camera body is in the shop right now being checked out...

Is there any benefit to switching to an RZ-D? I rented one only to discover it is a completely different back plate... does Phase make a plate for the new RZ-D? Would it allow me to get rid of one of the cords? Or is the RZ just not a reliable platform for this back?

Very frustrated.

Thanks for your reply on this.

Best,

Aaron Goodman
goodmanstudio

Postby Ulf » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:34 am

Try cleaning the contacts with Ethanol, if this does not help then contact your dealer.
RZD is wider where the this adapter does not fit, mamiya has made an adapter them self which work but it is virtually impossible to get a hold of.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs