Tag Transfers for ACDsee

Discussions about Phase One Media Pro and Media Pro SE

Tag Transfers for ACDsee

Postby NNN634289132254246897 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:49 pm

Now that Media Pro is dead I need to move to a new DAM software. I looked at a few and ACDsee is currently my favorite due to being a bigger company that hopefully stays around, offering desktop software (Adobe pushes everybody to a subscription model), having filename renaming similar to MP, has some solid face recognition, etc. The only issue I have is that labels, events and people tags are not recognized. How can I get them to be recognized by ACDsee?
NNN634289132254246897

Re: Tag Transfers for ACDsee

Postby Lenni » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:54 am

NNN634289132254246897 wrote:Now that Media Pro is dead I need to move to a new DAM software. I looked at a few and ACDsee is currently my favorite due to being a bigger company that hopefully stays around, offering desktop software (Adobe pushes everybody to a subscription model), having filename renaming similar to MP, has some solid face recognition, etc. The only issue I have is that labels, events and people tags are not recognized. How can I get them to be recognized by ACDsee?

Hi,
I skipped ACDSee just because of tag transfer problems.
Daminion can do near all the jobs - all the tags which I need are read directly in, including People, Catalogue sets, hierarchical keywords and so on, just by exporting all the annotations into the photos.
In addition there is also map and geotagging features - and very helpful support.
Lenni
Lenni

Postby NNN634289132254246897 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:48 am

Thanks, I will consider Daminion. I simply have spent WAY too much time tagging images. I simply don't have time to redo all of them, even if it's just 2-3 tags per image. I actually purchased ACDsee and tried to work with their customer support. They do actually respond but are not helpful in any shape or form with this tag issue. I actually only purchased it because they have a 30-day money back guarantee so I will ask for a refund.

Btw, how much does Daminion cost? I am not a professional and just need an 'on-premise lifetime' license.
NNN634289132254246897

Postby Lenni » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:07 am

NNN634289132254246897 wrote:Thanks, I will consider Daminion. I simply have spent WAY too much time tagging images. I simply don't have time to redo all of them, even if it's just 2-3 tags per image. I actually purchased ACDsee and tried to work with their customer support. They do actually respond but are not helpful in any shape or form with this tag issue. I actually only purchased it because they have a 30-day money back guarantee so I will ask for a refund.

Btw, how much does Daminion cost? I am not a professional and just need an 'on-premise lifetime' license.

Hi,
This company is concentrating in small business/team users, but their standalone/client version is just what is needed.
Up to now their client standard version for home users has been free up to certain amount of photos. Upgrades up to higher amount of files has been acceptable. Just check their site and send them a request for download. It is really worth.
I have tried many programs because of the MP situation, and have found that this is the only program which is importing/reading all the needed MP data from photo files, flawlessly, without any programming/mapping and extra hassle.
Lenni

Postby Ian3 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:24 pm

But presumably Daminion wouldn't display Capture One edits as Media Pro used to do (for sessions at any rate)?

Ian
Ian3

Postby Lenni » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:37 pm

Ian3 wrote:But presumably Daminion wouldn't display Capture One edits as Media Pro used to do (for sessions at any rate)?

Ian

Hi,
I am not using Capture One, so I don't have any idea about this.
My guess is anyway that it will not.
Lenni

Return to Media Pro and Media Pro SE