P25 error: \"can't write to card\"

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

P25 error: \"can't write to card\"

Postby eleanorbrown » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:19 am

In the last couple of days of shooting I have gotten this error message several times. The only way to get rid of it is to turn my P25 back off, then turn it back on and re shoot the image. This error message just started happening recently, and I don't know why. I'm not doing anything different. Using lexar 2 GB card . I reformat the card--deleting all the images-- each time I put it back into the P25 after downloading the images on to my computer so the card doesn't need reformating. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know what could be causing this? thanks, eleanor brown[/i]
eleanorbrown

Postby FlemmingHandberg » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:45 pm

Hi

Please check the following:

1. Firmware levele on your back - have to be 3.1.0 if not - upgrade it - you can get the updater either from our website or from your dealer.
2. Try format your card in a computer - the format on the back is a quick format and is not as effective as a real format on a computer - make sure it is a FAT format you make.
3. Try another card - there may be bad sectors on the card.
FlemmingHandberg
Crew
Crew

Postby eleanorbrown » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:58 pm

another question--formatting in camera is the only way to delete a card full of images unless there is something i don't know. i know that i can set C1 to delete images after transfer, but that makes me a bit nervous because i like to see ALL the images safely transferred into C1 BEFORE I delete from my card.

Is there a way to delete a card full of images after they have ALL been transferred to my computer? thanks, eleanor
eleanorbrown

Postby FlemmingHandberg » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:06 pm

not the way i expect you would like to do it.

- There is a delete facility on the back, where you can delete each image at a time
- there is a quick format on the back
- And finally you can delete from the computer.
FlemmingHandberg
Crew
Crew

Postby damienlovegrove » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:07 am

I'm getting the same fault on Lexar 2Gb 80x cards. I often get a warning beep and the message on the back says \"unable to write capture to the card\". I tried formatting my card in a Mac using disk utility and it doesn't give me a FAT option (or it calls it something different) I have to format the card in my Fuji S2 camera as the P25 rejects it too. Can any Mac users tell me what setting to choose for a card format in the computer?

best wishes,

Damien.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Postby eleanorbrown » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:56 am

look in the phase one booklet. it gives instructions about how to format on a mac. i did this and haven't had any more problems writing to my 2 gb lexar 80x card. eleanor
eleanorbrown

Postby damienlovegrove » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:36 am

Thanks for that Eleanor.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Postby Lucas12 » Sun May 15, 2005 8:07 am

I found this out recently, to reformat a card in disc utility in Mac OSX, you use MS Dos format, which is apparently the same as Fat 32
cheers
Lucas
Lucas12

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs