Angled Gradients (again)

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Angled Gradients (again)

Postby MostlyPhotos » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:02 am

I notice when dragging a layer gradient with shift key pressed that the resulting gradient is angled slightly. It should be straight. I noted this bug back in version 12 (beta) it was subsequently fixed but appears to have re-surfaced.. anyone else seeing this?
MostlyPhotos

Re: Angled Gradients (again)

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:02 am

Do you mean a Linear Gradient? And does it now reappear in 12.1? (mentioning version numbers helps)
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Peter Gruener » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:16 pm

It works perfectly for me with Capture One Pro 12.1 on my MacBook Pro with OSX Mojave.
Peter Gruener

Postby Ian3 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:58 pm

MostlyPhotos wrote:I notice when dragging a layer gradient with shift key pressed that the resulting gradient is angled slightly. It should be straight. I noted this bug back in version 12 (beta) it was subsequently fixed but appears to have re-surfaced.. anyone else seeing this?

Yes it still happens on some images in 12.1, for me. It appears to be connected with lens correction, because in correcting barrel or pincushion distortion pixels have been curved inwards or outwards along the edge of image. You could turn the distortion correction down to zero - it should then be straight. Or, if you want to leave the lens correction on, the trick is to drag your gradient down at a point midway between left and right on the image. If you drag it near one edge, the gradient will tilt one way, and if you drag it down near the other edge it will tilt down the other way.

Ian
Ian3

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac