Edit keyboard shortcuts

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Edit keyboard shortcuts

Postby CrkrJim » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:55 pm

Couldn't find info with forum search ......I'm a relatively new user with an ssd drive that goes between my desktop and laptop. I'm on vacation with the laptop and thought it would be nice to create some custom shortcuts. Does this info travel with the capture one database on the ssd drive or would it only be with in the C1 program on the laptop?

If I have to do it separately on each computer, I'll either take notes while on vacation or wait until I get home and edit on the laptop and desktop at the same time.

Thanks for any help!

Jim
CrkrJim

Re: Edit keyboard shortcuts

Postby SFA » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:41 pm

Jim,

Have a look here:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\CaptureOne\CustomCommands

Assuming that the keyboards on your travel device and the home device are not significantly different (e.g. have the same same language and are not a mix of Windows/Mac ) I think you should be able to copy the files (indeed all files) in the folders under the CaptureOne folder in the path above and synchronise them accordingly. Manually of course. You could at the same time take precautions not to overwrite existing files until you know the new one work.

There are, from time to time and as you would expect, changes to C1 that introduce differences for menus and for Keyboard Shortcuts. Typically old files will still work but may miss a few of the newer features. If there are conflicting changes necessary these are documented. Just something to be aware of. It's never been a big issue but it's worth remembering.

HTH

Grant
SFA

Re: Edit keyboard shortcuts

Postby CrkrJim » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:46 pm

Grant,

Thanks for the reply. That looks pretty straight forward.

Jim
CrkrJim

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows