What would be the closest token to Session Name?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

What would be the closest token to Session Name?

Postby anthony.s » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:31 pm

I'm not really clear on what a number of the tokens mean. I can infer some that appear in the Meta Data but for some I don't know where the descriptors come from - Document Name, Image Folder Name, Image Name.

I work in sessions then import into a catalog. I'd like to utilize the ability to create a subfolder in a root folder by using the Session Name but it appears that's not an option. My first thought is to add either the Title or Job Identifier to my Selects then use that token when importing to create the subfolder.

I just want to ask if I'm missing something a little easier since adding Job ID is an additional step I'm not used to.
anthony.s

Re: What would be the closest token to Session Name?

Postby Ian3 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:41 pm

I think that it is "Document Name" and it works for both session names and catalog names.

Ian
Ian3

Postby anthony.s » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:24 pm

Ian3 wrote:I think that it is "Document Name" and it works for both session names and catalog names.

Ian

I just gave this a shot but I didn't get the results I was hoping for. I think Document Name refers to the Catalog name.
anthony.s

Postby Perttis » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:27 pm

I don´t use sessions, only Catalog with projects.
I have put to support case for token for "project" name, and got responce that it might or not be implemented.
My workaroud currently is to use that "job indentifier" field for my prosess recipe as base folder for export.
I fill that field already at ingest phase, which is done with Photomechanics, there field is named "Job Id/Trans Ref".
Perttis

Postby Ian3 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:56 am

anthony.s wrote:
Ian3 wrote:I think that it is "Document Name" and it works for both session names and catalog names.

Ian

I just gave this a shot but I didn't get the results I was hoping for. I think Document Name refers to the Catalog name.

My understanding is that it refers to the catalog name when you are working in a catalog, and the session name when you are working in a session.

Isn't that what you had wanted?

Ian
Ian3

Postby B.Sadr » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:09 pm

Document Name (Token) is the same as your Sessions Name (The very first thing you create when starting a session)

Under Process Recipes, choose a process you want and under that process' "File" section either choose "Document Name".
You can further organize it by adding a " / " (forward slash) after "Document Name" for example "Session Sub Path" which will process the files into the same folder structure you have in your Session.

Look for the pdf Capture One 10 User Guide and search for "Session Sub Path" and it will explain to you more clearly.
B.Sadr

Return to Capture One 12.x Software