IQ4 150MP getting hot

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One IQ4, IQ3, IQ2 and IQ1 series digital camera backs.

IQ4 150MP getting hot

Postby Yankov » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:26 pm

Dear All,

I have been a long term Phase One user. Recently upgraded to 150MP.

I believe that the IQ4 150mp is getting quite a bit hotter than the IQ3 100mp. Just turning it on, not shooting vigorously. Anyone got that feeling too?
Yankov
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: IQ4 150MP getting hot

Postby Andrew_eaton » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:59 pm

Yep it gets warm... on POE ethernet it get very warm.. the qxd card also puts out some heat... if you click on the temperature on the status page it will give you a breakdown on whats what… :D
Andrew_eaton

Postby Yankov » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:18 pm

I worry a bit on this. I mean, first of all, we know that the temperature of the sensor itself is actually going to affect the image quality. Also, I am seeing quite a lot of hot pixels on the screen of the IQ4 (Though not on the final file on computer). The number of hot pixel on the screen in the IQ4 is, well, quite disturbing.

As for POE, well, you are charging the battery, getting hot is kind of normal. But I am not charging it at all..... any thoughts?
Yankov
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Andrew_eaton » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:52 pm

In the studio on POE I have found the images outstanding, but I shoot on 50 iso so noise really isn't a problem... outside the studio I have had no problems, but it has been about 0c outside so I wouldn't notice. There is plenty of time for firmware improvements :D
Andrew_eaton

Postby photoGrant » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:21 am

Yankov wrote:Dear All,

I have been a long term Phase One user. Recently upgraded to 150MP.

I believe that the IQ4 150mp is getting quite a bit hotter than the IQ3 100mp. Just turning it on, not shooting vigorously. Anyone got that feeling too?

Could you share the temps you're worried about?
Grant Hodgeon
Digital Imaging Technician
North America | Europe

http://www.photogrant.com
photoGrant

Postby C-M-B » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:58 am

Yankov wrote:Also, I am seeing quite a lot of hot pixels on the screen of the IQ4 (Though not on the final file on computer). The number of hot pixel on the screen in the IQ4 is, well, quite disturbing.

Capture One is very good at removing hot pixels from the files produced by its backs at low ISO and during short exposures. If you were to open them with a program that does not remove hot pixels automatically, you'd see them.
C-M-B

Postby photoGrant » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:04 pm

Yankov wrote:Also, I am seeing quite a lot of hot pixels on the screen of the IQ4 (Though not on the final file on computer). The number of hot pixel on the screen in the IQ4 is, well, quite disturbing.

That would be worth a chat with your rep or phase or whatever. There's definitely an acceptable cutoff for white pixels. The sauce to remap them is a Sony thing probably first and foremost. Phase in software might mask the rest of it, who knows.

Also, the higher your camera goes (flying/etc) the more unfortunate /cosmic rays/ have an effect on your sensor. Don't think there's any evidence out there regarding the rate of degradation I'm sure it's minimal visually as they increase pixel density but something to chew on.
Grant Hodgeon
Digital Imaging Technician
North America | Europe

http://www.photogrant.com
photoGrant

Postby TobiasSagmeister » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:02 am

photoGrant wrote:

done now around 10k photos with the IQ150 and also realizing that there are more and more hot pixels.
And yes the temperature in the back is much more than it was in the IQ50.

will see in the following months if the pixels become more, never hat a camera with that many hot pixels after such a Short time.
TobiasSagmeister

Return to Phase One IQ4, IQ3, IQ2 and IQ1 series camera backs