Different Output Locations for different Recipes.

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Different Output Locations for different Recipes.

Postby anthony.s » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:59 pm

How can I make one recipe always output to location A and another recipe always output to location B? This has been covered multiple times in the forum but I haven't found a working answer.

I always want 'JPG Recipe' to output to /iCloud/Photos/Website/.
I always want 'TIFF Recipe' to output to /External Drive/HiResTiffs/.

I don't understand the benefit of every recipe having the same output location nor having to change the output location every time you process a recipe. I must be doing something very wrong but have not found an answer on the help pages, the forum, or the webinars.

I also do not understand the difference between Process Recipe > File > Root Folder and Output Location > Destination. Changing the File Root Location will stick with each recipe but that is not where the file output ends up.
anthony.s

Re: Different Output Locations for different Recipes.

Postby Ian3 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:31 pm

All very clearly explained in David Grover's most recent webinar. https://youtu.be/pmvYid9PCOM Watch from just before 29 minutes in.

Ian
Ian3

Postby anthony.s » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:26 pm

Ian3 wrote:All very clearly explained in David Grover's most recent webinar. https://youtu.be/pmvYid9PCOM Watch from just before 29 minutes in.

Ian

That was exactly what I was looking for. I thought I already tried it this way but having someone go step by step was helpful. Thank you!

For anyone else looking for the answer, Process Recipe > File > Root Folder is specific to the recipe while Output Location > Destination is 'global'.

The only issue here is that it is not at all clear that this is how you process an image output. There's two dialogs that display the output location with no indication as to what they do. Again, I don't understand the reason for having a 'global' output location. You might always output to the same location but that can be managed in the individual recipe. One of these dialogs should just go away.
anthony.s

Postby thedoctor007 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:58 pm

This is kind of what I have been going through I have 2 different sizes I need but when I change assignments or try to use one or the other it changes the sizes
thedoctor007

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac