Convert receipt from earlier C1 version into current

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

Convert receipt from earlier C1 version into current

Postby AlexGrok » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:29 pm

Hi everyone!

I`m working in a session, output in subfolders, recept files are located into subfolder also. Problem is lost of file setting in UI for old CR2 file in spite of having receipt file. I think upgrading everu folder from 6 to 7, from 7 to 8 and so on may solve my issue, but I have a lot of folders and try to solve this issue in ...more right and easy way :)
May someone gives me a hint about the procedure I may use to upgrade a lot of CR2 receipt from version 6, 7, etc into the current one - 12?
AlexGrok

Re: Convert receipt from earlier C1 version into current

Postby AlexGrok » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:16 pm

Maybe someone run into the same task and have a success story to share with me? :)
AlexGrok

Postby SFA » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:06 am

Alex - are we talking Output Recipes?

You don't have to upgrade the processing engine BUT there may be some things - specifically some tools - that work differently in V12 to how the worked in V6 or 7 and this might affect some Recipe definition usage in some ways I would guess.

Or are you thinking more about Styles and Presets and the effects they have when applied for output processing?

The is a danger that I could suggest an answer to a problem that is not the problem you have!

Grant
SFA

Postby Grok » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:42 pm

Grant, thanks for your reply and yes, You are right, I didn't describe the problem with needed details. Let me add some more.
My initial goal is to get new output file with new output setting (I try to avoid word "receipt" here) has higher resolution. But in spite of having C1 ver 7 receipt file (×××.cos) for particular CR2 file I cannot just hit "process" button, due to lack of my setting. I assume that maybe cos format was change or interpretation of its valuу is different.
Grok

Postby SFA » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:29 pm

Alex,

The .cos file contains the edits applied to the file (or multiple edits if you have several variants of the file.)

In your session if you select the file and then look into the Base Characteristics tool you should be able to see which processing engine version the file (or variant edit of the file) has been used.

C1 will require upgrading of the database structure used for the session (or catalogue) database but does not require the process engine for a variant to be updated.

There have indeed been some significant changes to the process engine since V7 and also to the features in the output process BUT I would have thought that processing using the V7 engine should still produce V7 output.

I have just tried a quick test using a V6 edited file in the V11 session I have running at this time and I did not see a problem.

C1 uses the V6 edit settings but the V11 Output Recipe and its features. This should not create any problems since the Output Process and the Edit data (.cos) file are completely separate as far as I can recall.

If you have have a V7 output recipe that you wish to use it may have some parts of the recipe that have been revised - I would think in the area of the use of Tokens might be the most likely differences. Token names maybe. Have you tried to create a new output recipe?

Do you get any specific warning or advisory messages?

Grant
SFA

Postby Grok » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:46 am

Grant, thanks. I spend a lot of time investigating this and on the current version cannot find any file with lack of setting. Maybe it was some issue with the previous version, but I update my C1 with the latest one and there is no such issue. Everything works as it should!
Grok

Return to Capture One 12.x Software