Curves Tool - win8.1

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

Re: Curves Tool - win8.1

Postby michael.l » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:37 am

SFA wrote:I may be missing something here but the Curve tool offer Red, Green, Blue and Luma specific tabs with the RGB tab being a composite of those 4. The RGB without the Red, Green and Blue is the Luma curve is it not?

Yep, the Curve tool has the tabs and curves you listed. Prior to v12, though, the RGB tab had a single curve (the composite you noted). In the v12 Windows version it appears that the RGB tab displays 4 curves (the composite you noted along with Red, Green and Blue). Basically the RGB tab looks as though the curves from the RGB, red, green and blue tabs have all been stacked together (as is done in the Levels tool). Well, at least that is how it appears to me. I assume from the response to my ticket that this is true for all Windows users.

-michael
michael.l

Postby SFA » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:45 am

Yep the RGB tab is showing the same 4 curves as the Histogram, Levels and Exposure Evaluation.

It's not a V12 thing though as I am currently seeing that in V11.3

Grant
SFA

Postby David532 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:11 pm

SFA wrote:I may be missing something here but the Curve tool offer Red, Green, Blue and Luma specific tabs with the RGB tab being a composite of those 4. The RGB without the Red, Green and Blue is the Luma curve is it not?

Puzzled.

The subtle difference is explained in the help file
"In the Capture One Curve tool there are five curves in total, and like the Levels tool, these are adjusted independently. The combined RGB curve and optional Luma curve are both used to adjust contrast and brightness, with the latter having the additional benefit of not increasing saturation"
The brightness curve in RGB looks very like the luma curve in the Luma tab but close examination shows they are not the same. The interesting thing is that if you adjust the curve on say the Blue Tab the blue histogram does not change there but does show on the Blue histogram in the RGB tab. The histograms in the RGB tab also respond to changes in the Levels tool.
You can see all this happening if you add a second Curve tool and leave it open at the RGB tab while adjusting the Luma, Red, Green and Blue curves in the first Curve tool. However changes to the RGB contrast curve only show up in the Histogram tool. :?

After a bit further thought it looks as though the Histogram Tool display is being repeated in the RGB Tab.
David532

Postby Den.S. » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:42 am

michael.l wrote:Hello,

I've submitted a case ticket for this, but am hoping that someone here has a suggestion as it's the weekend and I doubt that the ticket will be reviewed in the next few days...

The RGB tab of the Curve tool displays 4 curves (average + one for each of RGB). V11 only displayed a single curve in this tab and the CO video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsWcUyTjbjs (~1:58 as an example) displays the expected single curve. I am currently on v12.0.1, but reverted to v12.0.x and the behavior exists there, too.
-michael

Hello All!

finnaly I've found a topic about this problem when RGB tool shows all 4 lines on the same graph. Capture One 12 istalled on Win 7 and on Win 10.
https://yadi.sk/i/dHSMvCv1Frduxg

Also nobody can't help me in my russian community of Capture One.

Den
Den.S.

Postby SFA » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:16 pm

Why is this a "problem"?

The RGB adjustment will be relative to all of the values so seeing all of the values in their relative contexts makes sense doesn't it?

Grant
SFA

Previous

Return to Capture One 12.x Software