hi everyone, i have a subject

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

hi everyone, i have a subject

Postby NN636863348971023781UL » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:07 am

Hello,

With Capture One 11 Pro for Sony I was able to open Affinity Photo program and do editing of photos with it. Now with CaptureOne 12 Pro, to which I just recently upgraded this is not prossible. Why????
Seems to me that this program is going backwards in development. There is all kind of unneeded programs like Winamp in Edit With -options but not Affinity Photo, which I use for my photo editing. How to use Affinity Photo for photo editing through CaptureOne? Don't tell me I need to Export photo to TIFF first, then import to Affinity Photo, then again export TIFF from Affinity Photo and then import to Capture One again. That is not how workflow should go.
NN636863348971023781UL

Re: hi everyone, i have a subject

Postby Ian3 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:27 am

The latest version of Capture One has a plug in which you access through Preferences>Plugins. There you can select check boxes for which apps you want to be on the list for Open with (or Edit with). So you should be able to uncheck the box for Winamp, for example, and check the box for Affinity. That then affects the list you are offered when you choose Open With or Edit With.

Ian
Ian3

Re: hi everyone, i have a subject

Postby SFA » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:21 pm

NN636863348971023781UL wrote:Hello,

With Capture One 11 Pro for Sony I was able to open Affinity Photo program and do editing of photos with it. Now with CaptureOne 12 Pro, to which I just recently upgraded this is not prossible. Why????
Seems to me that this program is going backwards in development. There is all kind of unneeded programs like Winamp in Edit With -options but not Affinity Photo, which I use for my photo editing. How to use Affinity Photo for photo editing through CaptureOne? Don't tell me I need to Export photo to TIFF first, then import to Affinity Photo, then again export TIFF from Affinity Photo and then import to Capture One again. That is not how workflow should go.

Before you get too confused you need to realise that the plug-in facility in Windows uses the Windows File association functionality to provide a list executable programs that appear to share file type manipulation capability with the type of things Capture One can offer.

Why Winamp is on the list and Affinity is not is probably a matter for the Windows File Type Associations table rather than Capture One. So you may want to start by looking for strange associations in Windows (or lack of expected associations). Fixing any uissues there should make life easier for the future.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows