No images in 'Output Location' folder

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

No images in 'Output Location' folder

Postby Gareth Iwan Jones » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:43 pm

Hi,

New to Capture one and struggling with a particular issue. Once I have processed an image or images using the process recipe tool, I can see the exported images in the file explorer 'Output' folder but there are no thumbnails in the session folder 'Output Location' within Capture One. What have I missed?

Any help would be appreciated.
Gareth Iwan Jones

Re: No images in 'Output Location' folder

Postby Ian3 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:57 pm

I'm on a Mac, not on Windows. But I have experienced a similar issue. It seems that Capture One doesn't always automatically refresh the contents of the Output folder as it should. What always works for me to force it to do so is to right click the Output folder within Capture One and choose Show in Finder (so Show in Windows Explorer for you I suppose). Then as soon as it has shown you the folder in the file system, click on the Folder again in Capture One and it populates. Shouldn't need to do it, but it seems to work.

Ian
Ian3

Postby Gareth Iwan Jones » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:48 pm

Thanks for the reply Ian. If I click 'show in explorer' it opens the correct folder within explorer and I can see the images there, but unfortunately doesn't repopulate within Capture One. What a nuisance. Hopefully an admin might be able to advise.

Cheers,
G
Gareth Iwan Jones

Postby Gareth Iwan Jones » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:58 pm

Another interesting observation is - if I click on the output folder within the session it says 'no results for the current filters' . however I don't have any filters turned on. If I look at the filters section I can see Capture One is listing the 10 images that are in the output folder, but it doesn't display them when I click on a filter or turn all filters off. Very strange.
Gareth Iwan Jones

Postby Ian3 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:01 pm

Gareth Iwan Jones wrote:Thanks for the reply Ian. If I click 'show in explorer' it opens the correct folder within explorer and I can see the images there, but unfortunately doesn't repopulate within Capture One. What a nuisance. Hopefully an admin might be able to advise.

Cheers,
G

You can't rely on an admin answering you here. This is primarily a forum of users. You can ask for help in a support case.

Ian
Ian3

Postby Gareth Iwan Jones » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:03 pm

I fell as if I am missing something very obvious. I have attached a screengrab of my session to see if anyone can spot the problem.... ThanksImage
Gareth Iwan Jones

Postby Ian3 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:04 pm

Gareth Iwan Jones wrote:Another interesting observation is - if I click on the output folder within the session it says 'no results for the current filters' . however I don't have any filters turned on. If I look at the filters section I can see Capture One is listing the 10 images that are in the output folder, but it doesn't display them when I click on a filter or turn all filters off. Very strange.

Ah - is there a global filter set? View > Global filters. Check that it doesn't have Always Hide JPEG files checked.

Ian
Ian3

Postby Gareth Iwan Jones » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Ahhhh! You got it Ian. I'm an idiot, i'd forgotten I had turned the global filter on to hide the duplicate raw/jpgs. Thanks very much for solving. Much appreciated. G
Gareth Iwan Jones

Postby Ian3 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:54 pm

You're welcome.

Ian
Ian3

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows