PROBLEM with MASK and COLOR CHECKER ICC on MAC

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

PROBLEM with MASK and COLOR CHECKER ICC on MAC

Postby NNN636620676054749548 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:53 pm

Good day to all of you,

I have a big problem on color with my masks, since I used my own ICC profils made with color checker. When I select tool color selector in advanced tab in my color editor menu, It changed color background that is not included in my mask, where I try to pick a color, for example if I want to work on skin color. This problem is not happened when I have a generic ICC profil. Only with this new process of work, witch is very accureted when woking colors. Except when this problem is happening. This is a big problem because, it does not respect anymore color changed in mask in the limits of masks. Color is not changed on mask it self. Color changed only outside mask. Tool selector does is job, it choice color where I pick it.

Really need help on that. Does anyone have heard about this?

I am working on MAC 10.12 - capture ONE 11 PRO - Screen color, set of light set up with i1Studio

Thank you.
NNN636620676054749548

Re: PROBLEM with MASK and COLOR CHECKER ICC on MAC

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:16 am

Hi,

As I am not sure I understand you properly, I rephrase to check.

You use the Color Editor tool (Advanced tab) in combination with an adjustments layer with a mask to do a color correction on the masked area only (not the entire image).

This works fine as long as you use the built-in ICC profile for your camera in the Base Characteristics tool. However, when you use a custom made profile, the adjustments affect the entire image, not limited to the masked area.

You use the X-Rite Passport (beta?) software to create the ICC profile.

Is this a correct?
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration