Capture One exporting all images

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Capture One exporting all images

Postby NNN636058943534425217 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:11 am

Hi, I'm having issues on capture one pro 11 for mac, as the program is exporting all files including untouched originals despite me selecting "export --> variants". It doesn't do this on my PC...
NNN636058943534425217

Re: Capture One exporting all images

Postby Ian3 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:47 am

"Export variants" only tells you how it will export, the alternative being "Export originals", so what format, whether existing adjustments are included.

"Variants" is probably the term that is causing confusion. In Capture One's terminology a "variant" of an image is just a version of an image. Images where you have only one version, and have made no adjustments. are still "variants". Unless you have made virtual copies (new or cloned variants) most of your images probably have just one variant.

If you want only some images to be exported, you have to ensure that only the ones you want to export are selected.

See the user guide here https://help.phaseone.com/en/CO12/Output/Export.aspx and follow through the more detailed information on Export Originals and Export Variants (the headings are clickable links).

Ian
Ian3

Return to Capture One 11.x Software