Output Naming-4 Digit Counter Cant name file

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

Output Naming-4 Digit Counter Cant name file

Postby MTP » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:49 pm

Hi, when going to the Process Recipes, i want to rename the original camera files when exporting to JPG to a sequenced Number starting from one (001) However under the floating window called Output Naming I selected the 3 Digit Counter, left the Job name blank and then there is a Title called Sample followed by a number - I can't seem change this to default to 001 - Unlike in Lightroom you specify the output file type, Sequenced number followed by the start of the number (usually Number One) How is this done on Capture one - or is this deactivated because I'm using the 30 day trial version??
MTP

Re: Output Naming-4 Digit Counter Cant name file

Postby Ian3 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:18 pm

There are no restrictions on the trial version at all, so it should work in the same way as if you had already purchased or subscribed.

Do you mean that you just want your files to be named 0001.jpg, 0002.jpg, etc? If so, in the output naming section of the recipe, click the ... next to the format box, delete the existing token (perhaps it is Image name or whatever) and drag and drop in the counter token. Once you have inserted the counter token you can use the drop down arrow on it to select the number of digits you want. The output counter can be reset by clicking the ... one row up next to the heading that says Output Naming.

The job name is something different, and you can leave it blank. If you had a job say for London, you could enter that in the job name field. You won't see any effect on the file name unless you also enter the Job Name token in the Format field.

So if you had the tokens [Job Name]_[Counter] you would end up with files called London_0001.jpg, London_0002.jpg, etc.

Ian
Ian3

Postby MTP » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:08 pm

Hello Ian, thank you for your input, I would never have guessed you use the .... to access and reset the counter - Thank you so much. :D
MTP

Postby Ian3 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:45 pm

MTP wrote:Hello Ian, thank you for your input, I would never have guessed you use the .... to access and reset the counter - Thank you so much. :D

You're welcome. That's what the forum is for!

Ian
Ian3

Postby SFA » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:22 am

MTP wrote:Hello Ian, thank you for your input, I would never have guessed you use the .... to access and reset the counter - Thank you so much. :D

If you use the "?" for a tool it will take you to the related help, firstly to a generic description and from there can usually be found a link to more detailed instructions for how the tool works and what settings or adjustments are available.

They usually explain things quite well but sometimes specific questions may not appear to be answered. That is when the forum can really help.

Grant
SFA

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration