FUJIFILM RAW Help

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

FUJIFILM RAW Help

Postby NNN636744770804813265 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:32 pm

Forgive me if I'm vague - I'm still not quite sure how I should word this.I recently updated to Capture one 12 from Capture One 11 and I'm still fairly new to the overall flow. One big problem that I'm having is that the settings I use for my jpegs on my Fuji XT-2 I set up for specific viewing on the XT-2's onboard monitor. This was never a problem before and Capture One didn't seem to import my RAWs with my settings in tact.

Is there a way I can get Fuji to let me edit the RAWs without my film simulation and color balance settings baked into the RAW? it's super annoying. Thank you for the help.
NNN636744770804813265

Re: FUJIFILM RAW Help

Postby Ian3 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:48 pm

I believe that what happens (not being a Fuji user myself) is that by default Capture sets a base characteristics option to match the film simulation you have chosen on your camera. All you have to do is go to the colour tab, then the base characteristics section and choose a different "curve" - probably Film Standard would be a good starting point.

Ian
Ian3

Postby SFA » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:55 pm

Or Linear for complete control.

Grant
SFA

Postby Emile » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:55 pm

What Ian said.

So go to the color tab, under 'Base Characteristics' set 'Curve' to anything other than 'Auto'. In the past you probably used 'Film Standard'. If you'd like that curve (or 'Linear' indeed as Grant suggested) as a default for all your X-T2 imports, click on the three dots next to 'Base Characteristics' and select 'Save as Defaults for Fujifilm X-T2'. Problem solved!

I actually love that C1 manages to present the film sim I chose in-camera. I'm changing between Across, Astia and Classic Chrome all the time and love it that I get my creative choice at the time of shooting as a standard when I start to process. But having different opinions is a good way to get new insights!
Emile

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac