Disappearing Star ratings

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Disappearing Star ratings

Postby tcphoto » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:56 pm

I am running Capture One Pro 12.0.1 on my Apple Mid'15 MBP with 16GB RAM with Mojave OS 10.14.3 and am having an issue. I will go through a Session and give star ratings and notice the star designations will inconsistently drop off. Has anyone else experienced this? It is quite annoying when a Client is sitting there reviewing the images and making their selections.
tcphoto

Re: Disappearing Star ratings

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:17 pm

You might want to check your metadata sync settings in the Preferences. Is auto sync set to None?
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby tcphoto » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:01 am

It is set to Full Sync. I haven't touched the setting and it worked with Capture One Pro 11, should I change it to none?
tcphoto

Postby SFA » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:47 am

Is the client, in effect, editing the same image at the same time that you are adding star ratings?

How are they identifying their selections?

Are you only offering them images that you have already rated?
SFA

Postby oliver11 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:28 pm

Do you have the filter set to view ratings of say 3 Star only or 3 star or higher. This can cause a newly rated image to drop out of the selected filtered images.
oliver11

Postby tcphoto » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:38 pm

No, nothing was changed from my v11 settings. All images are imported with no stars and I will cull the images starting with 3 stars and work my way up to 4 and 5 star images. It's annoying to do the work and have it disappear suddenly.
tcphoto

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:58 pm

tcphoto wrote:It is set to Full Sync. I haven't touched the setting and it worked with Capture One Pro 11, should I change it to none?

Yes, at least for testing to see whether this makes a difference, which is quite likely.

Do you need Full Sync? In general, the advice is to set auto sync to the lowest necessary value. In other words, does None works for your workflow, set it accordingly. Do you need to load changes made outside Capture One, set it to Load. Do you need an application other then Capture One to read metadata you set in Capture One, then you need Full Sync.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby tcphoto » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:56 pm

Paul, I appreciate the help. I went back and changed the sync preference to "none" and the ratings stayed in place.
tcphoto

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:01 pm

Good to hear, Tony.
Best regards,
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac