Frames for pictures

Discussion regarding all scripting related questions
Please DO NOT post to this thread anything that is not directly related to scripting of Capture One.

Frames for pictures

Postby tenmangu81 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:41 am

Hi,

I don't know anything about scripts, I never thought about practicing them, but I wonder if there would be one able to insert a thin black frame around a picture, and how to implement it, if any.
Or maybe there is an other, simpler, way to do it in Capture One without using scripts ?
Thanks a lot,
Cheers,
Robert
tenmangu81

Re: Frames for pictures

Postby Eric Nepean » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:29 pm

I needed something like that but couldn't find a way to do it with Capture One. But PIxelmator is inexpensive and does this easily.
Cheers, Eric
[late 2015 iMac, 4GHz i7, 24GB RAM, external SSDs. GX8, E-M1, GX7, GM5, GM1 ....]
Eric Nepean

Postby tenmangu81 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Thanks Eric,

As I am more comfortable with Affinity Photo, I'll draw the frame with it.
Regards,
Robert
tenmangu81

Postby ben_US » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:10 pm

It would be possible if you had an image file (a simple png or bmp, or TIF/PDF even) and dropped it in as an Overlay. This is available in 12.0's AS dictionary.
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Postby tenmangu81 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:05 pm

Thanks Ben, I'll give it a try.
tenmangu81

Postby jknights » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:02 pm

I dont know how many people are interested in this but I certainly am.

I think that a plugin to do this would be really nice.
I am not a trained programmer but can manage some simple scripting and I have defined my idea for two plugins (Channel Mixer and Matting/Framing) in the SDK part of the forums.

This is my definition of the plugins.

1. Channel Mixer plugin.
I have for many years asked PhaseOne to provide functionality similar to the Adobe Photoshop Channel Mixer within Capture One. This would then enable users to process RAW images from camera adapted to detecting ultraviolet (U.V.) and infrared (I.R.) images. According to my feedback this request is too niche so has not been progressed.

I would imagine that since the code is manipulating the RAW image RGB channel data that it should be possible to reuse this code, but it will need reworking, for images processed in COP. Due to some RAW images e.g. Fuji X cameras being non standard that the image must be demosaiced prior to being used by this Channel Mixer code in theimage processing pipeline.

2. Matting and Framing plugin.
I would like a plugin that essentially expands the image area in a separate new layer and allows me to fill that new area with colour. This is similar to mounting a print on a matte.
If it was possible add one layer then this could be extended to provide a bevel effect and also different coloured layers placed below in the image stack.
jknights

Postby imagil » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:47 pm

Framing and Matting? I dreaming of it too!
I used to use BorderFX on Aperture and loved it. It could do everything: borders, shadows, bevels… text, IPTC fields…
http://www.iborderfx.com/BorderFX/
Gilles Cruypenynck
France
www.ouvertlanuit.fr
imagil

Postby tenmangu81 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:50 pm

imagil wrote:Framing and Matting? I dreaming of it too!
I used to use BorderFX on Aperture and loved it.

Good old times.....
tenmangu81

Postby Eric Nepean » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:38 am

I was in process of writing a script for this, as OSX's "Image Events" allows one to pad an image with a color border. But the border is very plain, there is a better way.

From Capture One, you can open an image in Photos for editting. Just check "Photos" in the "edit with" plugin in CO preferences.

BorderFX makes a free plugin for photos called "iBorderFX" ..... http://www.iborderfx.com/iborderfx/

Install the plugin in Photos, send the image over, and you're done.

I wonder if they can be talked into adapting their plugin for Capture One.
Cheers, Eric
[late 2015 iMac, 4GHz i7, 24GB RAM, external SSDs. GX8, E-M1, GX7, GM5, GM1 ....]
Eric Nepean

Postby imagil » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:39 am

Eric Nepean wrote:BorderFX makes a free plugin for photos called "iBorderFX" ..... http://www.iborderfx.com/iborderfx/

As far as I understand it iBorderFX is/was for iPhoto, not Photos. I could install it on HighSierra but couldn't find it anywhere from within Photos app.
Gilles Cruypenynck
France
www.ouvertlanuit.fr
imagil

Postby Eric Nepean » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:39 pm

imagil wrote:
Eric Nepean wrote:BorderFX makes a free plugin for photos called "iBorderFX" ..... http://www.iborderfx.com/iborderfx/

As far as I understand it iBorderFX is/was for iPhoto, not Photos. I could install it on HighSierra but couldn't find it anywhere from within Photos app.

Hi Gilles

It agree that I have mis-read the web page and gave bad advice. Sorry for causing you trouble.

Eric.
Cheers, Eric
Eric Nepean

Return to Scripting