Are Sessions more performant than Catalogs?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Are Sessions more performant than Catalogs?

Postby Nightjar » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi there,

I recentyl updated to 11.3 an started working with catalogs. Before that I was just using sessions. To me it seems that I uses considarably more resources than before; Each time I switch picture CPU jumps to 75. Also with adjustments; They apply slower than before.

So either the Update messed up my performance or sessions seem to work more performant.

Furthermore: What confuses me is that even though Capture One renders previews for each picture, it seems to load the RAW file, when switching between pictures (event if I don't zoom in!). This uses much more power and makes no sense to me. Can this be turned off?

Thanks for the help / tips.

Cheers

* I have a MBP 2017 15', 2.9Ghz, 4GB 560 Pro (working of files from an SSD)
Nightjar

Re: Are Sessions more performant than Catalogs?

Postby ben_US » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:51 am

Best option here is to create a tech support case (via the link in my profile) and send us your log files, which can be generated via the Scripts > Get Logs option. This was we can see what's going on under the hood and your particular environment's setup, which may be contributing to the slowdown.
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 11.x Software