mac catalog to windows?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

mac catalog to windows?

Postby LarsH » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi, is a mac made catalog to open in windows and backwards? Thx, lars
LarsH

Re: mac catalog to windows?

Postby cdc » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:46 pm

LarsH wrote:Hi, is a mac made catalog to open in windows and backwards? Thx, lars

Sessions do, not certain about catalogs.
cdc

Postby ChrisM » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:43 am

LarsH wrote:Hi, is a mac made catalog to open in windows and backwards? Thx, lars

Yes, the catalogue file itself will open in Windows and MacOS. There are some problems however when moving and/or renaming folders in the catalogue folder tree though if you move the catalogue between platforms: images contained within such a renamed or moved folder will often disappear when opening the catalogue on the other OS, i.e. the folder will show up empty, also after re-linking.
A workaround to this, is to never rename or move catalogue folders in CO1, but export the folder content as a seperate catalogue, then remove folder with images from the CO1 catalogue, and rename the folder outside of CO1, and then add the folder to the catalogue folder tree again, re-import the images from the exported catalogue, and drag them back into the renamed folder.
Quite a workaround, but this is a known bug with Phase One: I reported it myself :?: and they acknowledged the bug.
Whether it will ever be fixed though, is another story I guess ....

Chris
ChrisM

Postby LarsH » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:03 pm

THANKS!
LarsH

Return to Capture One 11.x Software