quitting and restarting Capture One does not actually work

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

quitting and restarting Capture One does not actually work

Postby NN635878533278004201UL » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:28 am

Hello thanks in advance for your help with this.

I am shooting with a canon 5d2 on a macbook pro running El Capitan (10.11.3) tethering to Capture One 9.2.1 with USB.

Here is the scenario:

Sometimes Capture One stops working properly (usually tether connection)

If i restart the program appears to restart however the problem persists.

As restarting C1 has not worked I then go to shut down my laptop and the OS starts to shutdown (other programs start to quit)

At this point I have a dialog box pop up in C1 saying "Do you want to terminate the running activity" (this box does not show up when I try to restart the software the first time). The running activity is not processing raw files etc.

Then I have to click "terminate and quit application" and the computer shuts down.

Obviously I would prefer not to shut down completely as it is more disruptive than just restarting the software

I'm guessing the "running activity" is a process active that c1 is using that is not restarting when I am quitting the program? If anyone knows what this process is I could use activity monitor to restart it? Or perhaps there is another solution.

Many thanks in advance!
NN635878533278004201UL

Return to Capture One 9.x Software