Capture One 10.2.1 released! (Mac and Windows merged topic)

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 10.x and 9.x

Re: Capture One 10.2.1 released!

Postby Emile » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:41 pm

SFA wrote:Emile,

It would probably be most effective for you to go back to the existing Support Case (or create a new one referencing it) and advise the Team that you do not seem to have the expected fix.

It is possible (?) that the service release mentioned was to the generic compatibility with High Sierra without which it would be difficult to know whether or not you particular problem was corrected.

If not corrected it may be that it is something that is not connected to the High Sierra release even though the timing of the problem you reported seems to co-incide.

I'm not sure how an Energy Saving mode would be affected by or affect C1 but then I know almost nothing about Macs.

HTH.

Grant

Thanks, Grant, I'll do that. We all know the Phase One team occasionally reads these boards too though ;)

Macbook Pros typically have two graphics processors. One onboard, an Intel HD graphics set that shares memory etc and is more geared towards energy efficiency; and one dedicated GPU (Radeon Pro) with its own RAM and there for its powerful graphics capabilities. When doing video production or post-processing its best to use the Radeon; for basic tasks like email, wordprocessing or internet browsing it would be best to conserve energy. The OS either uses the most powerful option or switches based on a setting in the energy saver preferences.

I don't know who is responsible for making the decision to switch: is it the OS through some kind of list of software, or is the software itself that signals it needs the most powerful option? Seeing that PhaseOne responded on October 23 that my problem would be fixed in a service release, I gathered it is the software that signals and it would probably be in 10.2.1 as I don't expect a lot of updates for v10 anymore. If it's solved in v11 that's fine by me too by the way.
Emile

Postby Emile » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:45 pm

Aric G wrote:
Emile1 wrote: The Intel HD set is already no slouch but the Radeon Pro is obviously better.

Thanks - I also just noticed that when Photoshop is open and Automatic Graphics Switching is on, the About this Mac->Displays shows the Radeon is active.

Yeah, even the rather basic Photos app switches correctly, as do the Affinity programs, Acorn and Pixelmator.
Emile

Postby Peter762 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:11 pm

Wondering if C1 will support The Pixel Shift Multi shooting on the soon to be released A7RMIII?
Sony mentions they will have there 'own' software to merge the pixel shift images into a single larger, more detailed image.
Most likely it will be a windows app so it would be nice if C1 also supports the merging of the pixel shift images.

Anyone with any insight or knowledge?
Peter762

Postby Richard Allen » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:57 pm

Christian Gruner wrote:
Richard Allen wrote:I also notice that despite telling support a few months back that the Gradient tool had stopped displaying the mask when being drawn it still doesn't show the mask.

Either support missed this or... ?

Very disappointed.

I can't reproduce your issue, or I am not doing it the right away. Can you give me your Support Case number, then I can read up on with our Support Team.

===========================

Christian,
The initial problem is that when selecting the gradient tool you can also select it to show a mask as you create the gradient (in much the same way as it show the mask in red when using the brush) but the mask isnt showing up.

The original Case No. is 262369

I have contacted support again and they say... "The issue you reported is still under review by our development team.

If and when a fix is found, it will be implemented in a future release. I of course cannot comment when this will be.

However, your issue was reported and it remains on the 'to-do' list as such."
Richard Allen

Postby NNN636355020530937144 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:36 am

...now the hardware acceleration doesn't work (using Quadro P4000).
NNN636355020530937144

Postby Nobukazu » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:45 am

Could anyone tell if raw files from pixel shift multi shooting out of ILCE-7RM3 are somehow supported by C1 10.2.1?
Nobukazu

Postby gusferlizi » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Emile1 wrote:
Aric G wrote:Hi Emile, how are you determining if the C1 is using the Intel chipset rather than the Radeon? I'd like to verify this for myself.

Thanks!

In the menubar go to  -> About This Mac and then check the display tab, where it will state which graphics card is being used. For C1 to use the Radeon Pro I need to disable 'Automatic Graphics Switching' in the Energy Saver preference pane. Somebody else on this forum had the same. The Intel HD set is already no slouch but the Radeon Pro is obviously better.

Emile, have you checked while the program is putting load on the hardware, like rendering previews or exporting a batch of images?
gusferlizi

Postby markalanthomas » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:38 pm

Wow, look at all of those Leica lenses!
markalanthomas

Postby gusferlizi » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:55 pm

Nobukazu wrote:Could anyone tell if raw files from pixel shift multi shooting out of ILCE-7RM3 are somehow supported by C1 10.2.1?

I highly doubt it since Capture One does not have an exposure stacking engine.
gusferlizi

Postby gusferlizi » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Peter762 wrote:Wondering if C1 will support The Pixel Shift Multi shooting on the soon to be released A7RMIII?
Sony mentions they will have there 'own' software to merge the pixel shift images into a single larger, more detailed image.
Most likely it will be a windows app so it would be nice if C1 also supports the merging of the pixel shift images.

Anyone with any insight or knowledge?

Honestly I don't think Capture One will ever have the ability to stack exposures implemented.

However they could very well support the Sony tool's output (if it's some sort of DNG "RAW" fancy thing).

And/or the Sony tool, on the other hand, could accept a stack of 'Edit With' images from CO.

You can always write to the support team with 'feature request' in the title and beg them to your heart's content. :D

https://www.phaseone.com/en/SupportMain ... l-support/
gusferlizi

Postby GrahamB3 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:22 pm

Nobukazu wrote:Could anyone tell if raw files from pixel shift multi shooting out of ILCE-7RM3 are somehow supported by C1 10.2.1?

Sony's own software is the only way to process pixel shift files at this time.

Graham
GrahamB3

Postby Adrian141 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi

I notice there's still no lens profile for the newer Canon EF24-105 f4L mk2 which has been out for getting on for a year. Is there any plans to add one? I appreciate it's not the greatest lens Canon have ever made but having had to replace an ageing example of the previous generation I have found it to be better than expected and I end up using it quite a bit, but I do really miss the having the lens profile for distortion and fall off correction. The manual controls are not really the same sadly.

Hopefully it can be added in one of the next releases. I'm happy to lend my example for profiling if it helps :D

Thanks, Adrian
Adrian141

Postby gusferlizi » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:06 pm

A couple more findings.

Positive: 10.2.1 does not take as much ram as it wants like 10.2 did. I had it peak on 3GB while rendering previews, but it cut right back down to ~2.2GB.

Negative: it still swings and takes 20-50% longer to generate previews comparing to 10.0.2; OpenCL or not. (at least for Fuji X-T2)
gusferlizi

Postby ThomKlim » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:08 pm

Jim_DK wrote:10.2.1 is now available to download. For full changes see the release notes.

Highlights include:

macOS 10.13 High Sierra Support
Windows 10 Fall Creators Edition Support
plus a number of bug fixes

Really???? High Sierra 10.13 support????
I checked the version history and there is no official statement made by Phase One.
Can you please confirm?!
ThomKlim

Postby SFA » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Adrian141 wrote:Hi

I notice there's still no lens profile for the newer Canon EF24-105 f4L mk2 which has been out for getting on for a year. Is there any plans to add one? I appreciate it's not the greatest lens Canon have ever made but having had to replace an ageing example of the previous generation I have found it to be better than expected and I end up using it quite a bit, but I do really miss the having the lens profile for distortion and fall off correction. The manual controls are not really the same sadly.

Hopefully it can be added in one of the next releases. I'm happy to lend my example for profiling if it helps :D

Thanks, Adrian

Create a Support Case asking for the lens to be considered.

I don't doubt that Phase will at some point support the lens but they needs to get hold of one to do their analysis and if no one is making requests for it it is unlikely to rise rapidly to the top of the "to do" list.

The Support Case system is the way Phase record and assess user requests for enhancements and the level of interest in new (or, more pertinently, unprofiled) lenses.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

PreviousNext

Return to Capture One 10.x and 9.x Software