workflows

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

Workflows

Postby damienlovegrove » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:58 pm

That is really useful stuff Adrian. Thank you.

It strikes me that Capture One could do with a 'Print to contact sheet' feature. Just using the previews it has already made and stored in the captures folder. That would save the whole 'quickview / pshop' process for you. It could 'print' to PDF as well perhaps (if like me you have Acrobat) so you could email the contact sheets to the client perhaps.

I like your system of transferring the session to your desktop machine. I still occasionly have permissions issues with the process folder when I do this.

Do you use RAW small or RAW large?

You must have quite a few batteries for your back. I find by the time I've filled 2Gb it's time to change batteries. I have 3 that last me all day. I'm not as prolific as you though. 100 finished frames is a busy day for me.

Damien.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Postby Adrian12 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:36 pm

Hi Damian

I shoot Raw Large. I have five batteries. Yes it would be great to go straight to PDF or Tiff contacts from Capture One.

My biggest gripe though is Moire, I find it a real pain in the bum when it's bad.

It's like buying a new Porsche and every now and then it pulls to one side under normal braking but it can't be predicted when or on what road surface or which tyre type etc. etc. It is simply not good enough.

Adrian
Adrian12

Postby damienlovegrove » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:42 am

As I rarely shoot over f5.6 I find moire less of a problem. 90% of my image is in the unsharp bit. It would be great if the back could detect moire and flash it up like it does the blown highlights. A slight change of position or lens angle could sort it. We had this problem all the time in television.

Have you found a better battery charger than the one that came with the back?

Damien.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Postby Lucas12 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:31 am

Thanks Adrian,
the polaroid card idea is a great one. Nothing worse than trying to erase files while waiting for the previews to all rotate/colour adjust etc themselves, which I find painfully slow at times on my G4. I still find the CF card download a pain and shoot tethered to my laptop as often as I can (power permitting of course). I also often try to take my 23\" LCD calibrated screen with me so that I can get the selects processed in the downtime between shots (it comes in a pretty compact box with a handle). This only really works on product and homewares shoots, not practical with fashion. The clients love seeing it clean and big!
Cheers,
Lucas
Lucas12

Previous

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs