CaptureOne 6 not working on new machine

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

CaptureOne 6 not working on new machine

Postby lauriek » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi,

I've been successfully using CaptureOne pro 6.x for ages now. A while ago my old machine conked out and I had to put together a new one, I have pretty much everything working on the new machine except Capture One pro.

I don't think it's an activation issue, although my old activation is still there it seems to have activated okay.

The program runs up, but appears very slow, and will not generate or show any thumbnails, and it will not open raw files from either of my cameras. Note the raw files are the same ones which opened fine on the old machine, on the same hard drive. Previously generated thumbs exist, when I delete those (the cache directory) it still won't create new ones.

I don't know if it's worth mentioning, but the new machine is a twin processor box, it has a pair of hex-core Xeons. I have tried setting the affinity to make CaptureOne sit on only one processor and that doesn't make any difference.

Old machine was originally Win7 but upgraded to Win10 a while ago, Capture one was fine under both, new machine likewise was Win7 when I got it but upgraded to Windows 10, before I installed CaptureOne this time..

Any thoughts or ideas much appreciated, I really need to get this up and running if possible! Cheers!

Couple of notes I just thought of, as I browse around the folders in the left-tree, it does (slowly) update the number of thumbs and actually show the placeholders for the thumbs in each directory. I've taken file ownership of all the drives with pictures on so I don't think it's a permission issue. It just won't actually show me any thumbs. I can see thumbs in Windows explorer for these RAW files so I know they are still 'ok'..
lauriek

Re: CaptureOne 6 not working on new machine

Postby lauriek » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:04 pm

(For the sake of clarity I downloaded the latest 6.x package from the PhaseOne site)
lauriek

Re: CaptureOne 6 not working on new machine

Postby Ulf » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:32 pm

Short answer is that Capture One 6 is not Windows 10 compatible.

You can see which version supports what here:
https://www.phaseone.com/en/SupportMain ... ments.aspx
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software