Issue when copying adjustments from a single tool

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One for Phase One and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 20.x for Windows

Issue when copying adjustments from a single tool

Postby NNN636874935116483816 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:50 am

Hi

Lately, since a few weeks, whenever I copy adjustments using the "double arrow icon" from for example the color balance tool and then paste it onto another image, it also copies other settings such as white balance, highlight recovery, ...

In the past, copying adjustments of a single tool worked as a charm, now not anymore so it seems. If I want to copy a single tool now I must use the double arrow icon with the shift key on hold to apply it to the target image.

I've already asked for support at Capture One without any reply until now.

Any advice on this?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan
NNN636874935116483816

Re: Issue when copying adjustments from a single tool

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:45 pm

This is weird. If you use sessions, create a new session. If you use a catalog, verify the catalog. If the verification succeeds and the issue persists, make a new catalog and try with a few images.

You could also test with a few images which tools are affected. You can even make a new variant to test. This will helps to target the issue for R&D if you like to raise a support case.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby NNN636874935116483816 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:53 pm

Hi

I always use different sessions for each of my projects. It persists through all of them. I just tested the double arrow copy method on multiple tools (exposure, high dynamic range, color balance, white balance) the error happens on every single one of them...
NNN636874935116483816

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:22 pm

My next suspect is your preference file. You can find it in the folder:
Code: Select all
C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Local\Phase_One\CaptureOne.exe_StrongName_...\13.0.0.155

Here you find the file user.config. Close Capture One, rename the file (or delete it) and start Capture One again, and try the double arrow again.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 20.x Software for Windows