Multiple sessions load at startup

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One for Phase One and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 20.x for Mac

Multiple sessions load at startup

Postby GonzoBernelli » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:07 pm

Dear Community,
Somehow I managed in v12 to get capture one onto a mode where multiple sessions (BTW I only use sessions) are loaded at startup time. i have no memory of how this occurred. This continues after I transitioned to v20. Can anyone offer suggestions how to exit this mode permanently?
Thanks in advance,
Nick
GonzoBernelli

Re: Multiple sessions load at startup

Postby Ian3 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:15 pm

There is a setting in Preferences on the General tab with a check box for Catalogs and Sessions open in new window. If it is checked, you can have more than one catalog or session open at once. If it is not checked, then opening a new session closes the old one.

If you have the box checked and quit Capture One with more than one session open, it would open all those again next time you start.

So change the preference to uncheck that box, then close all sessions except one, quit Capture One, then try reopening it. You should find that only the one session you had open before will open.

Ian
Ian3

Postby SFA » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:38 pm

If you close C1 with multiple sessions open it will try to help by re-opening them next time you start it up again.

In the Menu there is a "Close Window" option. If you close the windows one at a time only the last one you close will be included in the automatic open suggestion.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby GonzoBernelli » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:42 am

Thank all who contributed help with my problem. I never noticed the window changing as the software was loading the variety of sessions that was causing my grief. CLOSE WINDOW fixed my problem. I think CLOSE SESSION would have been a more appropriate button label. The C1 Support Group was pretty much useless, too bogged down in the corporate theory of "support" in lieu of the actual support function as supplied by the generous User Group community.
Nick
GonzoBernelli

Postby SFA » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:16 pm

GonzoBernelli wrote:Thank all who contributed help with my problem. I never noticed the window changing as the software was loading the variety of sessions that was causing my grief. CLOSE WINDOW fixed my problem. I think CLOSE SESSION would have been a more appropriate button label. The C1 Support Group was pretty much useless, too bogged down in the corporate theory of "support" in lieu of the actual support function as supplied by the generous User Group community.
Nick

Close Window is more correct since there is only one instance of Capture One running and for practical purposes the sessions are all running in the same Capture One session instance as a single session as far as the tools are concerned. Just segregated by the folder mapping in the session database file (offered as a simple description but not necessarily to be relied upon operationally. Things are likely to be a bit more complex than that internally.)

This closing the session would close all windows - which is what you were experiencing.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 20.x Software for Mac