png Watermark doesn't print

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One for Phase One and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 20.x for Mac

png Watermark doesn't print

Postby Steve Jump » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:16 pm

Hi, I'm using C1 20 on MacOS 10.14.6.

I have a .png signature that I regularly use for a watermark when sending digital proofs. I use the same .png watermark file when printing from C1 on my Epson P800.

But the watermark print part in C1 20 no longer works!

If I drag the file to the watermark window in the Print dialogue as it displays correctly, even if I select manually in the finder all looks correct. The watermark appears in the print preview window, in the right place, scale and opacity.

But it just does not appear on the print! I am at my wit's end trying to make this work.

When I assign it in a process recipe, it appears on the image preview and is copied into the jpeg or tif that i export. Temporary, but annoying workaround is to export watermarked image and print from photoshop.

Any suggestions as to how I can print watermarks again?

Steve
Steve Jump

Re: png Watermark doesn't print

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:46 pm

I had a client with CO12 on Mac with the same issue. I reported it but it is apparently not yet fixed. It seems only a few users are affected as I could not reproduce the issue back then.

My suggestions are twofold. Make a support case to have it reported. Process with a watermark and print the processed image with Capture One or Preview or other software.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 20.x Software for Mac