Feature request: unlocked keystone correction (#19298)

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One for Phase One and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 20.x for Mac

Feature request: unlocked keystone correction (#19298)

Postby thomaskyhn » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:01 pm

Since there's no way of seeing what has been requested/reported by other users (or by yourself, for that matter), I'll share this request here.

Feature request: keystone correction – individual horizontal and vertical adjustments (#19298).

Capture One's keystone correction tool uses four adjustment points in all three modes, Keystone Vertical, Keystone Horizontal and Keystone; in the latter, horizontal and vertical adjustments are locked together, as opposed to independent of each other, which would require eight adjustment points, four for the two vertical lines and another four for the two horizontal lines. With some corrections this isn't a problem, but in many cases this makes it difficult to make precise adjustments as it prevents you from making full use of the lines available in the photo you're adjusting.

It would be very useful if you could unlock the vertical and horizontal adjustment points so that you would have four vertical and four horizontal adjustment points, that is, four lines that you could place independently of each other. As you probably know, this is how it works in Lightroom, and it's much more flexible and easy to use than the four interlocked adjustment points available in Capture One.

I'll attach a screenshot of adjustment points placed in the same photo in Capture One and Lightroom, respectively. As you can see, in Lightroom it is possible to make use of the full extent of the available lines to place the adjustment points at the greatest distance from each other, whereas in Capture One it's only possible to make use of a small part of the image, which, of course, results in limited precision.

I hope you'll consider such an improvement in a future update.

. . .

Capture One:

Lightroom:

thomaskyhn

Re: Feature request: unlocked keystone correction (#19298)

Postby Ian3 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:42 pm

Thomas

This post (with images) is easier to relate to than the other post you have just made on the same subject. It's a bit confusing to have multiple posts about the same thing. Consider deleting the other one? (It has no responses yet, so I think you can.)

Ian
Ian3

Postby thomaskyhn » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:02 pm

Ian3 wrote:Thomas

This post (with images) is easier to relate to than the other post you have just made on the same subject. It's a bit confusing to have multiple posts about the same thing. Consider deleting the other one? (It has no responses yet, so I think you can.)

Ian

If you're referring to the post about the keystone malfunction (https://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=37763), they're about two separate issues. Though they both relate to keystone adjustment, one is a feature request and the other is a report about the the current keystone tool not working as it should, which is something that needs to be fixed regardless of whether new features are added or not.
thomaskyhn

Postby Ian3 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:28 pm

thomaskyhn wrote:
Ian3 wrote:Thomas

Ian

If you're referring to the post about the keystone malfunction (https://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=37763), they're about two separate issues. Though they both relate to keystone adjustment, one is a feature request and the other is a report about the the current keystone tool not working as it should, which is something that needs to be fixed regardless of whether new features are added or not.

OK - understood.

Ian
Ian3

Return to Capture One 20.x Software for Mac