Capture One for product photography

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One for Phase One and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 20.x for Mac

Capture One for product photography

Postby tcw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:42 pm

Hi all

I've had a look through the forums here with the search function and can't find what I'm looking for. Could anybody link me in the right direction of a tutorial (if one exists) for deep etching with CO12/20? I'm familiar with this workflow and the tools in Photoshop but being relatively new to CO I was wondering if there's a way to achieve this with masks or something.

Thanks in advance for any help.
tcw

Re: Capture One for product photography

Postby Ian3 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:53 pm

If by deep etching you mean effectively cutting something out and putting it against a new background, Capture One doesn't do that. You'd need to use a pixel editor such as Photoshop or Affinity Photo. (Just like in the Adobe world, as I understand it, Lightroom wouldn't do it either - you'd have to resort to Photoshop at that point.)

Ian
Ian3

Postby tcw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:57 pm

That's what I thought sadly as I want to avoid buying into Adobe's CC nonsense. Thanks for your reply.
tcw

Postby Ian3 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:03 pm

tcw wrote:That's what I thought sadly as I want to avoid buying into Adobe's CC nonsense. Thanks for your reply.

Yes. So you could consider Affinity Photo. It will do pretty much everything Photoshop will do (some say it does some things better) and you pay a single (low) one off price, not a subscription. It makes a good companion to Capture One and you can download a free 30 day trial.

Ian
Ian3

Postby tcw » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:26 pm

Thanks so much Ian3, just what I needed!
tcw

Return to Capture One 20.x Software for Mac