Dissatisfaction with Capture One Tech Support

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One for Phase One and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 20.x for Mac

Re: Dissatisfaction with C1 Tech Support

Postby SFA » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:02 am

Well, it seems things are developing.

https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004264838-Regarding-tethering-and-Mac-OS-10-15-2-Catalina-

Note that the ability to add comments seems now to be activated.
SFA

Postby thomaskyhn » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:14 am

SFA wrote:Well, it seems things are developing.

https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004264838-Regarding-tethering-and-Mac-OS-10-15-2-Catalina-

You're right. Now if they'd only engage actively with users by participating in this forum. And at least give people access to their own support requests. A bug/issue tracker (open to users) would be useful too, so that you could see what other users have already reported, what they're aware of, working on, etc.
thomaskyhn

Postby SFA » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:55 am

thomaskyhn wrote:
SFA wrote:Well, it seems things are developing.

You're right. Now if they'd only engage actively with users by participating in this forum. And at least give people access to their own support requests. A bug/issue tracker (open to users) would be useful too, so that you could see what other users have already reported, what they're aware of, working on, etc.

Perhaps this is what the new system for C1 is intended to do. Support request volumes are likely to be higher than for Phase Camera related problems where the previous system and its registered hardware information would have some benefit to offer.

However the potential for an entirely open system to be filled with much "noise" that helps no one should not be overlooked.

There is a strong case, in my experience, for moderating which entries should be active threads if one decides to go with a public system approach and commit time, resources and therefore the inevitable costs to the project.

It's also very easy to get an extremely skewed view of one's "Support World" priorities if relying on (or even when just accepting) "public" input. It takes a little time to learn how to adjust to a new situation and still retain a clear understanding of which contact points and threads are the most significant for Customer Service across the user base.

Grant
SFA

Postby thomaskyhn » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:53 pm

Perhaps for now it would be a good idea to share feature requests and bug reports here, including request numbers, so that other users can see (at least a part of) what has been requested/reported.
thomaskyhn

Postby SFA » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:22 pm

thomaskyhn wrote:Perhaps for now it would be a good idea to share feature requests and bug reports here, including request numbers, so that other users can see (at least a part of) what has been requested/reported.

Hmm.

That perhaps depends on whether you want to take on the responsibility of keeping the threads at least sensible.

I suspect it would be an experience similar to trying to herd cats.

That's just the way such things usually turn out.

I think encouraging the creation of a managed (by the Capture One team) suggestions sharing facility might be more productive use of time.
SFA

Postby thomaskyhn » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:28 pm

SFA wrote:
thomaskyhn wrote:Perhaps for now it would be a good idea to share feature requests and bug reports here, including request numbers, so that other users can see (at least a part of) what has been requested/reported.

Hmm.

That perhaps depends on whether you want to take on the responsibility of keeping the threads at least sensible.

I suspect it would be an experience similar to trying to herd cats.

That's just the way such things usually turn out.

I think encouraging the creation of a managed (by the Capture One team) suggestions sharing facility might be more productive use of time.

The idea was just to have the request information as a reference. If other users want to comment they're of course free to do so; I don't see any need to keep the threads that such posts may develop into particularly tidy or sensible. The main point is sharing requests and making the information available to other users.
thomaskyhn

Postby IanL » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:30 pm

I just tried to sign in to add a comment but it said my pw didn't match. OK it's a new system perhaps they didn't copy over account info. So, I tried to sign up. That told me I already have an account. OK interesting. So, then I asked for a password reset. Nothing.

Checked my spam folder, verified that other emails can sent to the email I was using. I have submitted a support request...

Does it work for everyone else?
IanL

Postby thomaskyhn » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:43 pm

IanL wrote:I just tried to sign in to add a comment but it said my pw didn't match. OK it's a new system perhaps they didn't copy over account info. So, I tried to sign up. That told me I already have an account. OK interesting. So, then I asked for a password reset. Nothing.

Checked my spam folder, verified that other emails can sent to the email I was using. I have submitted a support request...

Are you trying to sign in here?

I don't think users have access.
thomaskyhn

Postby IanL » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:21 pm

Yes, from there and from the top level links - same results.

As for users not having access - then now are people commenting on the articles? If you scroll down past the exiting comments there is a note to say to add a comment you have to login - with a link that leads to the dialog you showed.

Way back when the new system went on line I tried to sign up for an account and could not so I asked about it and they said they had not enabled that yet. Now I see people commenting on articles I thought I would try again.

Has anyone here managed to get in and comment on an article?
IanL

Postby DAndison » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:39 pm

I had the same problem when trying to leave feedback on "feature information".
DAndison

Postby thomaskyhn » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:46 pm

IanL wrote:Yes, from there and from the top level links - same results.

As for users not having access - then now are people commenting on the articles? If you scroll down past the exiting comments there is a note to say to add a comment you have to login - with a link that leads to the dialog you showed.

Way back when the new system went on line I tried to sign up for an account and could not so I asked about it and they said they had not enabled that yet. Now I see people commenting on articles I thought I would try again.

Has anyone here managed to get in and comment on an article?

I see what you mean. Even when I'm already signed in it says "Please sign in to leave a comment" at the bottom. Perhaps they changed the system after the last comment from six days ago?
thomaskyhn

Postby SFA » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:16 am

IanL wrote:I just tried to sign in to add a comment but it said my pw didn't match. OK it's a new system perhaps they didn't copy over account info. So, I tried to sign up. That told me I already have an account. OK interesting. So, then I asked for a password reset. Nothing.

Well it was not enabled a few weeks ago but I saw only one article with a comment at the time.

Today I have seen more and recent articles with some comments so it seems like they were either test comments or at some point logging in have been allowed and active but maybe now turned off again?
SFA

Postby photoGrant » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:29 am

I'd expect this from a college project.

I've seen one man developers put together better support documentation and effort than this.

This is embarrassing and should be resolved with immediate effect.

One official response from staff. No follow up.

Phase One do not care about their customers.
photoGrant

Postby SFA » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:10 am

photoGrant wrote:Image

I've seen one man developers put together better support documentation and effort than this.

Send them your observations directly via the Submit a Request link.
SFA

Postby photoGrant » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:36 am

SFA wrote:
photoGrant wrote:

Send them your observations directly via the Submit a Request link.

No.
photoGrant

PreviousNext

Return to Capture One 20.x Software for Mac